CODE - San Felipe 200

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Last weekend Jeff and myself went to the CODE San Felipe 200 race.

The event attracted around 100 entries. Unlike last season CODE runs 4 wheeled vehicles only this year.
The weather was typical San Felipe spring. Sunny and warm. We stayed at Zoo-Road for the two laps and had a good time practicing Spanish with some locals in between race cars coming by.

McCallum in Class 1 took the win with a 29 minute lead over Josh Wadell also in Class 1. For those that never witnessed a CODE race, they attract a lot of Trucks in Class 7 and 8.

See CODE results in news section and CODE race pictures in picture section.

----------->
CODE racers share your stories here.

tim_krueger

Reaction
I didn't make it to the race but I was wondering if CODE had a website. The link on the "links" page dosn't seem to work. Those look like some fast trucks, I'd like to watch them race........

donde? (spanish for klaus)

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://codeoffroad.com.mx/>http://codeoffroad.com.mx/</A>

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
I enjoy the CODE races. Good group of guys. Lots of entries. Even though I broke at rm 12, I still had a good time (I think). They have a good thing going and I hope it continues to grow. I wish Fud had half as many entries. Maybe someday again?????

dave

Reaction
Yes CODE does have a good thing going and they are a ton of FUN Thank you CODE.... Yes Trey you had a great time ...Just no more driving for you on the beach.........lmao
As for Fud all we can do is hope his races come back to the size they used to be ... ( Hint , Hint... to all the racers .

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Reaction
CODE races are a lot like MDR but in Mex. So they gain the excitement and fun factor 10X. The people are a lot of fun and friendly.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
very tough course, i ran till Morelia going back and fourth from 2nd to 4th place, was taking it cool before el tiburon threw a rod after a pit stop, and the engine was new !!! The allready broke La Plazita Racing Team is now broke and without an engine. The course was pretty nasty but what was nastier was getting klaus, jeff and the german guests to go home !!!!! Salud cabrones ......

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
60 DNFs out of 90+ racers tell ¿s how hard the course was... Maybe Score will have to give us a new course next year....

el tiburon

pinche murphy

Salvador

Reaction
Bad luck to you Omar, but at least you did all the way to el Morelia, I was chasing for th 713 Nissan I beam truck and they broke the front suspension on the 28 mile, they say that hit a big rock just on the center off the two I beams and broke the Heims going to the chassis. All the members of the team think that he cant drive so good because the beers that he drink a night before wee a bit to much (The pilot went to sleep about a 3 and got up at 6:30)
Hope to have more luck for the night race, th class 7s will have a new motor (4.0) and new paint theme) the Class 8 well 18 (Sportsman) will have a rebuild motor also and hopely the king by pass shocks.

Mexican PreRunner

michael_loomis

Reaction
60 DNF out of 90 racers happens a lot with CODE .... whats with the prep down there :)

thats why we've overalled in a 1600 a few times there.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
prepping costs money !!!!! which im short on....always........
besides lack of prepping ( not on my part, the engine expired and it was brand new) the course was really, really beat up, couldnt shift to third longer than 2 minutes in the first 50 miles, really soft, big grooves, ive won my class in this race 2 times, nothing like this years course.....

PREPPING VS. TMO (tipical mexican operation) duct tape, wire and a hammer is all you need !!!!

el tiburon

pinche murphy

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
I prepped the [daddy didnt love me] out of my car. New motor, fresh trans , shocks rebuilt, normal replacement items (ball joints, bushings, etc) mag particle tested all front end components, rebuilt all steering (rack/pinion), even replace all flame-out tubing (Fantelli inspired), and repainted the car. Hell even rebuilt the parker pumpers. New torsions and fingers, drums, too much to list. Could've bought another car for what it cost. All that to have a sway a way 300m axle (with 3 races on it) sheer (clean) right at the bearing. DONE ...12 fricken miles.
In my case I don't think under prep was to blame. at least not when these axles were magged and check out clean.