coil insulaters

kjmiller1

Reaction
I've got an annoying problem with my springs dancing around in my aftermarket coil buckets. Sometimes they get kicked to a spot where the spring rubs on the sides of the bucket and makes a nice crunching noise. I wrapped some heater hose around the top of the coil, and it worked perfectly, it kept the coil nice and centered, got rid of the metal to metal contact, and last time I checked they were holding up. But its time for alignment again, so it would be a good time to do something more permanent. Has anybody used some kind of coil insulater that wraps around the top like a cap? If so who made it? Thanks, and thanks to all that replied to my last question about worn heims, it turns out the heims are worn, I just couldn't tell because my shocks are stronger than me but when I fully extended them I could see/feel some play.

sirhk100

Reaction
Check to see if DayStar makes anything like what you want. I know they make some that provide lift and keep it centered. They may have one that is really short to only maybe set the coil down like 1/4" or so. Do you happen to have a lathe or access to one where you can machine Poly-Urethane? If so PM me, I may have something for you...

Khris

kjmiller1

Reaction
I checked out Daystar's website, and they make generic coil insulators, I'll just have to take some measurements. Thanks for the offers Khris and Steve, but the daystar route will be the easiest for the both of us.

tedmales

Reaction
my dodge had a thick rubber cap for the spring stock, but dodge springs are bigger around than most. just an idea