• Forum membership has its advantages....

Coil Overs or By-Pass Shocks??

Timberwlf

I have a 94 Ranger 4x4 W/ The TTB and Custom Extended Radius arms. But my debate has been this...Do I go with dual rate Coilovers or do I go with a By-Pass Setup up front?? The Rear has 16'' King By-passes and Deaver Pre-Runner packs and pulls 18'' travel

Thanks
Brandon
AKA Timberwlf

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 4.0L Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck/ Future 7 Unlimited Race Truck

Timberwlf

Yes both would defintly be the way to go. Unfortnally I can only afford one or the other at this point =)

Brandon

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Well, I'm anything but an expert, but I'd say go for the coilovers now. I think that would leave you the option to add the bypass with minimal work. But I may very well be completely wrong.

David - No one of consequence.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I agree, go with coilovers first and then you can always add the bypass later!

Go Big Or Go Home

Greg

2.5 or 3 " shocks? I'll assume 2.5. A 2.5 bypass will work wonders with a coil spring set-up, but you wont have as much over-all travel. But with some creative valving you can make a 2.5 c/o work way better than how you buy them. Also, what is your intended use for the truck?

Greg

Timberwlf

Ya they will be 2.5 king pre-runners..The truck is currently being built as a Chase/Pre-runner for the 7s truck we are building. It is also my daily driver.It dosent see much free-way use due to the c-4 transmission and 4.88 gears (4000 RPM at 75 mhp kinda sucks). Im also eventually gonna fab up a 4-link for it. Hell someday Ill probally turn it into a 7 Unlimited. I would go with the Coil/by-pass set up now but due to fundage I have to choose one or the other at the moment.

Brandon

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Whoa! Sweet, I was right about something!

David - No one of consequence.