coil question

whiteboy72

Reaction
i have a 2000 gmc 2500 2wheeldrive.. its like an odd ball.. cant find crap for it.. anyone know of places that carry aftermarket for it. and also. where can i get a spindle and/or coil lift. for it. everywhere i looked no one has a lift for this truck.. any help greatly appriceated. thanks:confused:

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
a 2000 3/4 ton has a torsion bar front end and there are tons of parts availible for them. CST makes a bunch of parts for them.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
ive never heard of a 99-06 coil sprung 2500. how many lug nuts you got on that thing? post a pic.

whiteboy72

Reaction
whats so special about the heavy. 3/4 as apposed to the std 3/4 ton? im actualy walking out to take pic now.. i just got my camara.

California MiniTruck

Reaction
Yea that is a odd ball truck, I have run into this same problem selling lower control arms. Im not really sure why GM did that. All I can really do is give you an interchange tomorrow. I think CST will be your best bet though if you call them up and tell them what you have.

whiteboy72

Reaction
so i got the pics and when i tryed to put them on comp. to post them i find that my sis in law completly wiped the lap top before she gave it to me. so i cant do anything. sucks. ill try on another comp . as soon as i find an adapter. :(

whiteboy72

Reaction
so what can i do about the front end? do i look for coils for the 98 gmc 2500 and then it will fit mine? or like what can i do

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
i dont know why i even care but.............. DOES IT LOOK LIKE AN 88-98..... OR DOES IT LOOK LIKE A 99-06 2500???

jamminjeff10

Reaction
GM made a coil sprung new body (99-06 type) 3/4T from 99-01 before they switched to the torsion platform. 01+ 3/4T 2wd with torsions, any 4wd kit will fit.

Fabtech & CST used to make lift spindles, good luck.

Sell the truck and get something that they make parts for. No one even makes a good shock for that truck.

whiteboy72

Reaction
that explains it .. so i can get a 4 wheel drive lift kit and it will work right? yea i really wanna sell it but then i dont want to.. haha. thanks for the help majorly.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
that explains it .. so i can get a 4 wheel drive lift kit and it will work right? yea i really wanna sell it but then i dont want to.. haha. thanks for the help majorly.
no. you are SOL. if you had a "normal" 2500hd(on torsion bars) then yes you could get a "4wd" kit for it since the chassis' are the same but in your case you are fukced.