coilover/spring question

gary

Reaction
i'm thinking of switching the front of my truck to coilovers, as the torsions are starting to sag, and i cant really crank them any higher...they've gone soft. i've already got a single 2.5 10 inch sway a way in there. my question is, when running the dual coilover set up, what length springs do i get? 2 10 inchers, or a 10 over a 12? i'd like to not use a coil spring compressor to have to assemble/disassemble them, and it seems that the 12 would make that necessary (at least from my preliminary measurements, anyways).
i think maybe cleartoy and dan vance run 10 inch coilovers, anyone know what they run?

drtdevil93

Reaction
i use a 10" over a 12" on a 10" shock. it goes on without a problem.

erik

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
It depends if you have a flat bottom plate or a v shaped one. With the flat bottom plate you can run a 12" over a 12" but you do need a spring compressor to get them on.

We just got new shocks for Dan's truck and we put them on today. We are now using a 10" 500lb on top and a 12" 600lb on the bottom.

Go Big Or Go Home

cleartoy

Reaction
I ran into this problem not long ago and could kick myself for the path i took.

I started with my 2.5x10 SAWs and had 250 10" over 550 10". Way to soft top, and the bottom kicked in too late.

I went to King and got a 400x10" top and 500 12" bottom. I asked about their flat bottom plate and they said it wont work with SAWs. SO i go home and put the springs on and i couldnt get the plate on. DIdnt have a compressor. SO i cut the upper spring to get it on. Well it works, but it doesnt seat right and the plastic divider is all rooster eyed.

That was a dumb thing to do, so now im gonna get 2 more top springs same rate and use a coil compressor.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well the SAW kit comes with the V shaped ones. But I might be able to hook you up with some flat ones instead.

Go Big Or Go Home