Coilover Spring Rates

VisualizeF150

Reaction
Im wondering what spring rates to run for a 94 F150. It is an ex-cab with 2.5 14inch King coilovers, camburg extended beams and radius arms and king bumpstops. The top spring is 350lbs while the bottom is 500lbs. I was told this is kinda soft and I should run a 400lbs spring on top. I was just curious as to what you guys are running.

cleartoy

Reaction
I dont know if this helps, but here goes. I run an A arm 4cyl Toyota with 400\500 and i like it.

Ive never played with an I beam truck, but i would think a 450 over a 600+ bottom would be a ball park. Id call Camburg and get a reccomendation before you spend alot of money on springs like I have.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
we run the same set up on Steve's truck but we run 450 over 600 and it works good, Jason wants him to run a longer 600lbs spring and then lower the upper to a 400 lbs and shorten it in length?? fabricator stuff I dont know cuz it seems to work great the way it is maybe it will be more progressive?? run the fisrt numbers I told you and you will be happy it has about 9" of droop and a good ride hieght with 35" tires.....Mike

VisualizeF150

Reaction
Mike
What length should the coils be? Right now the top coil is about half way on the threads and my truck is still sitting low. The top coil is pretty short id say about half the length of the bottom coil. Should i run both the same length? thanks...justin