Coilover Spring Selection

MH20

Reaction
Hi, I am just wondering what springs you would recommend me getting for my 1993 ranger. I am getting dual rate SAW coilovers but I only have a vague idea of what springs I should run on them. My truck is 4.0L automatic and is going to have Baja Shop equal length beams. What are you guys running or what would you recommend. Im sure Kartek will be able to help me, but I would like to know before I go in there also.

Thanks,
--Matt

1993 Ford Ranger Supercab 4.0L 2WD

AaronDixon

Reaction
Check out the Sway-A-Way web site, it has a spring rate calculator that is easy to use. Has anyone else used this??? Seems like the rates end up being a little higher than I would expect.

MH20

Reaction
I've already done that, but the problem is that I am working with a lot of unkowns right now.

I forgot to mention that I am going 5" wider per side, with an outside track width of right around 82"

1993 Ford Ranger Supercab 4.0L 2WD

AaronDixon

Reaction
The width is one of the factors you have to plug into the equations. Look at the diagrams and go measure your suspension arms. You might also want to go weigh your truck. A front and rear weight would be a good start. What other variables are there???

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Ask Mike at Kartek or Pete. You can t go wrong with those 2.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

singlehanded

Reaction
Just have aj get them for you and if they don't work right I am sure he will trade them out at no cost. He did that on my ranger.

local