• Forum membership has its advantages....

Coils needed for old school '96/'97 Swayaway 4.0 coilover

fabnahorse

Need some help fellas. I broke a coil on my old 4" coilovers. Nobody has anything close on hand that I've found to date. Eibach doesn't have the capacity for anything with a 4.5" inside diameter. PAC Spring can make them, but they're 6 to 8 months lead time. Fabtech was unable to search their own product. King was super helpful in confirming my spring rate, but cannot provide a spring that size. Bill Varnes @ Mirage Racing (again, super helpful) almost had something, but they were 30" long. He suggested Riviera racing, which I've been unable to get in contact with. It appears Revolution Racing Shocks is out of business??, with no contact info. Hoping to keep these old shocks going for a while. Soooooo, does anyone have an idea who may have something? This is what I need:
  • 4.5" ID
  • 24"-26" Long (12" stroke shock)
  • 250 lb/in Rate
Please text (951) 453-3088. Thanks in advance for any help or leads you may have.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
eibach has the ability but youre going to be set back $2500 for a pair, they make robby's coils which are the size you need.

Fabtech 4" coils are 400lb/ in for superduty coilovers (FTS835002), 600lb/in for T-900 coilovers (FTS835032), and if they still have that POS HD long travel kit those are 950 lb/in. its too bad their staff was worthless to you but if you give those part numbers above and ask them to pull the BOM's the coils will be listed.

Youre going to be screwed finding what you are looking for without somebody coiling them for you.

I would suggest getting a pair of fabtech superduty coils and a pair of fabtech chevy coils and machine a slider and make them fit, that will get you 240lb/in at the cheapest price youre going to get or start over and buy new coilovers and ditch all that stuff.

partybarge_pilot

Does anyone here know how to get ahold of Ronny Ryerson? Even though Revolution seems to be gone, he may have left over stock.

fabnahorse

eibach has the ability but youre going to be set back $2500 for a pair, they make robby's coils which are the size you need.

Fabtech 4" coils are 400lb/ in for superduty coilovers (FTS835002), 600lb/in for T-900 coilovers (FTS835032), and if they still have that POS HD long travel kit those are 950 lb/in. its too bad their staff was worthless to you but if you give those part numbers above and ask them to pull the BOM's the coils will be listed.

Youre going to be screwed finding what you are looking for without somebody coiling them for you.

I would suggest getting a pair of fabtech superduty coils and a pair of fabtech chevy coils and machine a slider and make them fit, that will get you 240lb/in at the cheapest price youre going to get or start over and buy new coilovers and ditch all that stuff.

Thanks for the info Kris. Starting to lean towards new coilovers. Time to step in to the 21st century I guess.