cold wire feed systems any experiances???

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
http://www.ckworldwide.com/coldwire.htm

we may be doing a high volume stainless job that requires 100% filler tig process , so we,re looking for ways to speed up the process.

anyone have any experiences with similar systems PROS/CONS etc.

RyanWiW

Reaction
At my work we use a cold feed system to repair corrosion in large stainless steel propeller shafts for boats. The welding machine is hooked up to a control box that allows you to manage volts, wirespeed, feed rate and rpm's of the lathe. Once it is set up right, it produces a perfect bead in half of the time it would take a person to do it. It is a good set up because it doesnt require handling of large, cumbersome parts to and from the weld shop. Our machinist can do the shaft prep, and weld, all right there in the lathe. The only drawbacks to it are that it is a little difficult to get all of the parameters set to produce a clean bead. I would imagine that the setup you inquired about, would be a little easier due to the fact that you will not have the added problem of lathe rpm. Sounds like the WF-3 can be automated too, which is a nice feature if your doing a large volume of striaght line welding. Il try to post some pictures of our setup as soon as i get into work.

Erik Irvine

Reaction
http://www.ckworldwide.com/coldwire.htm

we may be doing a high volume stainless job that requires 100% filler tig process , so we,re looking for ways to speed up the process.

anyone have any experiences with similar systems PROS/CONS etc.

What type of industry will you be doing the weld repair in? If your working to qualified Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs), adding this may require requalification.

etl450

Reaction
Talk about welding up a frame in a day! Iv never used anything like this, but we do have a miller machine, Im not sure what the exact description on it is, but its like a high frequency mig... I guess. We mig weld aluminum for some gates we build and it takes forever to set up. It will run perfect on one material run, the next time you use it, its all out of wack. Im glad we just use it once a month, but if we did use it more, it would probably wouldnt be as bad. All of our stainless we either tig if its visible or critical, or just mig if it doesnt show and doesnt matter.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Pm me or explain your dilema on here in detail and we can come up with a solution for you. I used to work for Airgas and would come up with welding procedure solutions daily. Let us know specifically what you are trying to do and I'm positive you will get some good help.

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
Pm me or explain your dilema on here in detail and we can come up with a solution for you. I used to work for Airgas and would come up with welding procedure solutions daily. Let us know specifically what you are trying to do and I'm positive you will get some good help.

thanx for the offer looks like my boss has chosen use the 350P to weld the job now