• Forum membership has its advantages....

Colorado ZR2 Makes Competition Debut in America’s Longest Off-Road Race

Colorado ZR2 Makes Competition Debut in America’s Longest Off-Road Race
Hall Racing to compete in stock-class with ZR2 in Best in the Desert Racing series

Here comes Chevy Trucks back into off-road racing!

LAS VEGAS — Chad Hall of Hall Racing will debut a modified 2017 production Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 during Best in the Desert’s General Tire “Vegas to Reno” race presented by FOX.

“Vegas to Reno,” known as “the longest off-road race in the United States,” begins at 9:30 a.m. on Friday in Las Vegas and ends at various times on Saturday morning, August 19, in Reno, Nevada. More than 350 contestants are expected to participate this year’s 550-mile race.

The course encompasses a wide array of grueling terrain, from silty desert wallows, to dry lake beds and mountain passes as high as 8,000 ft. above sea level.

Colorado ZR2 Makes Competition Debut in America’s Longest Off-Road Race - race-deZert.com

J Prich

Camburg needs to bring the Tacoma back out and have a real race in 7300.

Danny1952

I got to ride in it last weekend and it was awesome can't wait to see how they do

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
"along with a modified version of ZR2’s Multimatic DSSVTM damper technology."

Modified as in completely different manufacturer?

Dirty Harry

"along with a modified version of ZR2’s Multimatic DSSVTM damper technology."

Modified as in completely different manufacturer?
No they are still Multimatic DSSV shocks, but the spool valves have a different profile/tune than stock. They are also running Specialty Products Jounce Shocks on the truck.

Dirty Harry

Sorry I don't have any close up photos of the suspension. My understanding is that they tested the truck with several different spool valves, which is akin to changing the valve stack in a traditional shock (at least that is the only way I can wrap my head around it). GM seems really interested in learning as much as they can from racing the truck and applying it to their products.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Seems like they would burn the shocks up in the first 30 minutes of racing since they are so small relative to vehicle weight.

vegasloki

If GM were serious like Subaru they would have built it as a class 5
Not if they want to sell pickups in the US. This is to compete with buyers for a Raptor and soon the Ranger and Bronco. Subaru did a Class 5 because that best fits the kind of car they want to market with the program. GM wants to sell Colorados. The single biggest unit seller in the US is an F150. GM want a bigger piece of that.

Chris Tobin

I would love to do that in a ZR2 with the 2.8L baby Duramax engine!!!

Baja Belk

Not if they want to sell pickups in the US. This is to compete with buyers for a Raptor and soon the Ranger and Bronco. Subaru did a Class 5 because that best fits the kind of car they want to market with the program. GM wants to sell Colorados. The single biggest unit seller in the US is an F150. GM want a bigger piece of that.
I think Renegade was being facetious....

bajaherbie

How about the old Subaru Brat? 4x4 complete with 2 rear facing jump seats in the bed!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk