Coming to an intersection near you...

jeff

Reaction
I wonder if the real Hummer "H1" would've done better. According to local law enforcement "It's still got that new-car smell" :)

Full article available here: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.adn.com/alaska/story/1672787p-1789726c.html>http://www.adn.com/alaska/story/1672787p-1789726c.html</A>

Aloha

mgobaja

Reaction
Well if the occupants were relatively uninjured then the vehicle did it's job. They are supposed to fold up to absorb the impact now days. In the 50's,60's,70's is when they were made not to crumple but just send all of the occupants major organs into their rib cage and kill them from internal injuries.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya I have heard they are Tahoe frames with those bodys on them...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
I've already driven one. Talk about feeling like a rock star, I've never had so many looks in my life. Anyways, we put it up on the rack and yeah, it's a mut of a 8lug suburban and a Tahoe. The front is basically identicle to the Suburban but it's been widened a little. The rear is a 4 link that rides on airbags.

KHRIS

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

michael_loomis

Reaction
so whats wrong with new suburbans ?? the H2 is butt ugly anyways but like all new vehicles they'll grow on us. H2 wasnt created to replace H1 just appeal to "other" types of consumers.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
My dad had one of the old hummers and my step mom was driving it in mexico on a dirt road when a toyota car came sliding out of control around a corner. My step mom pulled over to the right as far as she could and the toyota's left rear slammed into the front left corner destroying the toyota rear end and sending its parts everywhere. The accident didn't even move or shake the hummer and the only damage was a bent front brush guard and a crack in the fiberglass hood. My step mom said its bounced off the front end like a basketball. The new hummers are nothing like the original ones.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
They are not suppose to be like the "old" ones, just a product expansion to appeal to a new market.

See ya in the dirt!

1992f150

Reaction
a new market of yuppies. Its the "in" thing to drive around on a big worthless piece of crap that will never see dirt, gets bad mileage, and handles terrible. Not to mention if your in a smaller car/truck and that thing hits you, its gonna be bad. I guess im just tired of people thinking with their egos insted of their brains.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

drtdevil93

Reaction
thats exactly what i meant. the original hummer wasnt for everybody, i myself didnt like it, but you certainly had to respect how beefy it is built, and the things it is capable of doing. it is very impressive. then they make a new one thats supposed to look similar to the original, but without any of the performance or capabilities the first had to cater to yuppies and rappers. that kinda crap pisses me off.

erik

JCA

Reaction
I even saw a new "red" one at the Herbst pit at Primm?

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com