Comments on the new 1200 stock class (BITD)

johndjmix

Reaction
The new 1200 stock class rules seem very very very stock. Looks like BITD set the rules very strict this time to try to avoid $100,000 "stock" vehicles. Rules dictate glass must be in place, the stock dash....even the stock exhaust and bumpers.

So far I think the only one in the class is the 2017 raptor 1201.

Curious if anyone plans on running this class.

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johndjmix

Reaction
Jrskyo, I also think so. But it does open up possibilities....

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Slippery P

Reaction
Jrskyo, I also think so. But it does open up possibilities....

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com
Very slooooow possibilities.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I'd be super surprised if this class exist next year once the raptor finally gets released. I think it's a way to test, get publicity, and win a lot of races and a championship. Kind of like when Vette was winning everything in GT-1 in ALMS.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
"Must be produced in series numbers of at least 4000..." Well, you now know how many 2017 Raptors are going to be produced.

J Prich

Reaction
I'm kind of surprised the internet pitchforkers haven't come forth to admonish the "new class" thing. Every new class proposal is typically met with outrage and the already large number of classes. Even classes that are proposed to take advantage of new technology, etc.

This one, at least from the outside looking in, looks like it exists for the reason everyone ALWAYS rail against...a class created for one vehicle for the purpose of claiming wins. Unless there are a whole bunch of other guys who've been clamouring for a chance to build a more stock Stock Full and they just haven't finished their builds yet.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Ford has a pretty substantial commitment with BITD and is really the only factory that supports off road racing. Most racers have an F-350 or two as well and identify with Ford so I don't think anyone is going to get too worked up about this.

J Prich

Reaction
Ford has a pretty substantial commitment with BITD and is really the only factory that supports off road racing. Most racers have an F-350 or two as well and identify with Ford so I don't think anyone is going to get too worked up about this.

LOL I get it and all but....double standard ammmiright?

Maxwell_99

Reaction
So BITD can give this new class the "12" designation but couldn't do it for years with class "11", which is really 12. Sure would be nice if BITD got on board with the numbering system that every other sanctioning body uses. Rant over.

I doubt this class will evolve to much. They just get to advertise the raptor as an off road championship winning truck.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bro_Gill

Reaction
LOL I get it and all but....double standard ammmiright?
There's no double standard. Do we really need another thread complaining about the politics of BITD being owned by Ford? How they cowtow to Ford to make sure Ford Products, even the ones that travel at non-race speeds, get wins and trophies? Do we need to rehash all the same arguments that a single car in a race does not make it a class or a race, but simply a marketing vehicle? Do we need to point out that Ford probably doubled down with contingency money and funding to BITD to make this even happen, even if the new funding applies to their own class? Who out there is going to be buying a Raptor that is less than 4 years old to turn into a stock race truck when you can literally buy a trophy truck on the used market for less? Do these things really need to be pointed out...again?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
So BITD can give this new class the "12" designation but couldn't do it for years with class "11", which is really 12. Sure would be nice if BITD got on board with the numbering system that every other sanctioning body uses. Rant over.

I doubt this class will evolve to much. They just get to advertise the raptor as an off road championship winning truck.

I always thought it was because of Pro Truck running 1200 numbers...But not the less, I agree.

As for the people complaining about to many classes, you probably haven't looked at a BITD entry form recently, I bet they have less classes than any other promoter out there. I believe 5 Truck classes and 6 Buggy classes and 5 Misc. classes (Sportsman, Rock Crawlers, Jeepspeed, etc etc.)

J Prich

Reaction
There's no double standard. Do we really need another thread complaining about the politics of BITD being owned by Ford? How they cowtow to Ford to make sure Ford Products, even the ones that travel at non-race speeds, get wins and trophies? Do we need to rehash all the same arguments that a single car in a race does not make it a class or a race, but simply a marketing vehicle? Do we need to point out that Ford probably doubled down with contingency money and funding to BITD to make this even happen, even if the new funding applies to their own class? Who out there is going to be buying a Raptor that is less than 4 years old to turn into a stock race truck when you can literally buy a trophy truck on the used market for less? Do these things really need to be pointed out...again?

I don't really know what all that is about. You led off by stating there is no double standard. The "standard" is that every time anyone brings up the idea of a new class for ANY reason it's immediately flooded with people talking about how there are ALREADY too many classes, it's dumb to make new ones just for one person to claim a win instead of racing in a class that already exists, etc. But in this case, it's Ford, it's for marketing, and they shell out dough...so it's cool.

I don't really care either way, desert racing can have 200 classes for all I care. But when something in general is considered universally bad but then totally acceptable in one particular circumstance, that is in fact a double standard. Nothing else you wrote has anything to do with that. My comment was about one specific issue, as clarified here. I apologize for not chasing you down the rabbit holes you've attempted to create, I don't really care about any that.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Who really cares? The worst thing that happens is that Ford publicizes the victory and our sport gets a few more eyeballs. Here is a truck running around against itself. It literally is hurting no one. Last I read, Ford is actually paying Trick Trucks with Chevy engines contingency money... Hell Chevy doesn't even pay Chevy guys money. BITD may throw Ford a few bones, but Ford is actually opening their checkbook. Didn't see Honda put together a nice contingency program for all the buggies running their product when they decided to put a factory program together and "Get Involved in our sport." Not saying we should all roll over for Ford or BITD when something is wrong, but seriously, this truck and this class literally has no effect on anyone in the off-road community. Not one person. What is the big deal? Let them poke around at their slower than molasses pace... the only ones who should be mad are the course workers at Vegas to Reno who will have to stay up a few hours longer.

Reaction
... this truck and this class literally has no effect on anyone in the off-road community. Not one person.

When was Greg Foutz excommunicated from the off road community? :confused:

And he did all the race safety conversions and Fox Shox changes all by his little lonesome, just like the Little Red Hen?

I have no issue with exhibition classes, they bring notoriety and dollars to the sport, which benefits most, if not all, of the off road community.

Jimmy8

Reaction
When was Greg Foutz excommunicated from the off road community? :confused:

And he did all the race safety conversions and Fox Shox changes all by his little lonesome, just like the Little Red Hen?

I have no issue with exhibition classes, they bring notoriety and dollars to the sport, which benefits most, if not all, of the off road community.

How is it adversely effecting Greg Foutz and Tim Casey? This class doesn't "Hurt" one person in the off-road community.