Comments on the new 1200 stock class (BITD)

J Prich

Reaction
The 4 years old or newer part is the one thing I saw in there that isn't cool.

Someone should get a truck out there tho and give some competition.

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com
I just don't see the incentive for anyone. Four years or newer means you're probably looking at a base model truck that's north of $40k out the door before modifications. I'm guessing Ford's involvement in this Raptor probably helped offset those costs. So short of another factory team coming to play, I just don't see there being any incentive for anyone to spend all that time and money to go race against one other truck that's getting factory/industry funding anyway.

But back to my comments earlier about double standards, personally I don't care. This one truck class is no sweat off my back or really anyone else's in my opinion. I just think it's lame that because this is a well known manufacturer/model/team that they seem to get a free pass regarding the whole "new class" deal while everyone else out there trying to build and create new opportunities for more people to get involved in the sport get the internet beat down about how they should race in a class that already exists, etc.

My comments are not meant to slander this class/effort but rather the people who want to poo on every OTHER proposed class because it's ruining the sport. If Class 1200 isn't ruining the sport, than neither are the others.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
selling wins to manufacturers is nothing new......get over it.....

BajaFand

Reaction
Toyota likes to do something like this from time to time, although the it's usually just for the Baja 1000. This Raptor is still very similar to the old 8100 class, why is it so much slower?? What happened to 8100? Is it sportsman now??

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

johndjmix

Reaction
8100 let you actually do a lot of mods...well...compared to 1200!

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com