Competition Review Board

Dirtman

Reaction
Anyone remember the CRB? Group was made up of one class representative and acted as the "court" to determine validity of rule infractions and the penalties. Competitors used to almost never have to deal with the sanctioning body when it came to on course "cheating" or rule infractions. I thought the system was very fair. If a goup of your racing peers all agree that you broke the rules and penalized you, it was pretty hard to argue bias was involved. Who thinks the CRB should make a comeback?!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Anyone remember the CRB? Group was made up of one class representative and acted as the "court" to determine validity of rule infractions and the penalties. Competitors used to almost never have to deal with the sanctioning body when it came to on course "cheating" or rule infractions. I thought the system was very fair. If a goup of your racing peers all agree that you broke the rules and penalized you, it was pretty hard to argue bias was involved. Who thinks the CRB should make a comeback?!

Would work in SCORE, doesn't work in other series though............

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction

I was thinking the same thing what happened to the CRB anyway? Jean Calvin RIP would print the protests and the results in Dusty Times so we could all see how our Honest:cool: drivers were doing. I'll bet if the CRB came back none of the TT drivers would attend the meeting anyway most of them fly off to Newport to recuperate after the race.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
RDC=CRB! Lol Just kidding......
There should be a formal way for the classes to monitor themselves and to address alleged rule infractions. I always thought the CRB was a good idea.

robertharman

Reaction
The crb definately needs to make a comeback. You cant have one person (Sal, Casey) making up what ever infraction they want. When cases were brought before the crb, we discussed the infraction first, was it legal ro illegal, regardless of the penalty. After we came to a verdict, then they told us what the penalty was, sometimes it seemed like the penalty was to harsh for the infraction. But, rules are rules and the penalty was in black and white after we agreed on the validity of the infraction. I think you get a more unbiased outcome this way. Just my .02$

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I think the CRB is a great idea, as long as you don't have humans involved, cause then it runs the risk of just turning into a popularity contest.

nohandslance

Reaction
hey Pat, care to drop some knowledge on me as to why on both cases???

I will bite on this one. It will only work in the Baja races for the fact , Baja is wide open. Lots of pre-running, time to re-configure. Local races in California and Nevada have very little pre-running and often follow the same course year after year. "how many creative lines can you get around the rock pile, or the stretch from Top Gun to Weeks, none!!!