Competitive Metals pulls through at the SS300

latenate

Reaction
For the second Best In The Desert race in a row, the 2091 team of Competitive Metals/TLR Performance Fab, based out of El Cajon, California, managed to overcome the opposition and win the SS300, thus maintaining their first place standing in class 2000.

The BITD Bilek Silver State 300 was an awesome journey through Eastern Nevada that showcased both breathtaking beauty and violent terrain. Despite the: dust, rocks, water hazards and fires, the day went off with precision.

Greg Parker and Tim Lawrence would like to thank the crew, sponsors, friends and supporters that make this all possible!​

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Congrats! we pitted next to you guys a few times.
your driver on the radio outside of pit six was Hilarious. :D

JAM 1600

Reaction
A job well done by the whole TEAM ! ;)

chase for food

Reaction
this was another great race in a perfect place, thanks to everybody who makes this happen,looking forward to henderson and great battle to the finish.

randy s

Reaction
right before v2r, i needed a 4 ft. piece of 3/4 inch tubing and stopped by competitive metals but it was after they were closed. i noticed that the big shipping and receiving door was open a bit and i walked on in. greg was really busy getting everything ready to go that evening . i mean really busy, but he had one of his guys stop what he was doing and cut me off the small piece i needed and i was on my way. i've known greg for a long time. long enough to know he could have just told me tough luck, we're closed and i'm going racin', and i would have totally understood, but he didn't. greg is truly there for racers and is proving to be a fine racer himself and i highly recommend competitive metals for all your needs. congratulations are in order for greg and tim. and thanks for helping to keep east san diego county the hub of the off road racing world. well done.

smt racing

Reaction
So I was out at the Drive race the other weekend and got to watch you guy's do some testing over at plaster city west, I wonder how many other 1-2 1600 cars test the way you do? You know getting up on the highway going what I assume is about 80 mph in forth gear and the dropping into the big ass woops that run along the road and never lifting off the gas, well it’s no wonder you guy’s won…nice job, nice car, great driving!
Tim, if you are at the Fiber-Tech back to the desert and MDR drawing this Saturday look me up I’ll have my truck there and would like your opinion on a few things…Again nice job on your win

1wayne

Reaction
Good job Competitive Metals and crew. Thank you for all the fine service over the years.

MALABANAN

Reaction
You guys are awesome! Tim Lawrence of TLR and crew have got to have the BEST ratio of class wins to races entered, EVER!!! The pride of Easty County, TLR and Competetive Metals are always setting the bar. Great job to Greg Parker, "Rookie of the Year" hopeful. Your dedication to the sport is paying off! Radical people do radical things!!!

jacko619

Reaction
Way to go Tim, Greg, Competitive Metals and the entire team!!!!Would not have expected any less from u guys. PPN

Last edited:

TLR fab

Reaction
How about that Greg Parker....awesome team owner, provides us with the best equipment available, # 1 material supplier to all of the heavy hitters in San Diego,rookie of the year ringer, and still loves our sport enough at almost 50 years old :eek:to go mix it up with the 1600 guys in 110 degree temps !!! Big thanks to everyone involved for the effort, you guys ROCK!:D

latenate

Reaction
How about that Greg Parker....awesome team owner, provides us with the best equipment available, # 1 material supplier to all of the heavy hitters in San Diego,rookie of the year ringer, and still loves our sport enough at almost 50 years old :eek:to go mix it up with the 1600 guys in 110 degree temps !!! Big thanks to everyone involved for the effort, you guys ROCK!:D
Yeah, got to give big thanks to Greg!! It's been an awesome learning experience and even after all my mistakes he still has the patience to allow me to be part of this team!! i'll learn someday.... promise

PLS

Reaction
But according to the SD Union Tribune, you guys were driving a "pickup". I was going to write a letter to the editor complaining about the insult to all Buggy Dorks.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Class move Tim, giving Greg his due. Greg is high energy and gives it his all. What a good combination you guys are. Very proud of you guys!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Congrat's, you guys...... Championship?????