completely compressed dual rate spring?

Chan_250

Reaction
What's the point of having a dual rate coil over if the upper spring is adjusted so it's fully compressed the entire time.

Saw it on a king 2.5 CO

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

swiftracing5

Reaction
You have to clarify if it was a true secondary spring or just a helper or tender. Helper or tender usually is 5" or less long and sometimes has flat spring material. These are primarily used when you find a ride height you like but the spring goes loose at full droop. So it just keeps tension on the main spring when you're in the air. Unless you're going really fast in a big truck, you can usually do your homework and avoid using one since it really does nothing for us land lovers.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Chan_250

Reaction
I would clarify if I could but I had no idea what to call it. New to this stuff. But I do believe it is a tension spring like you said. It was about 5" and completely compressed.

So if I understand you right, if you have to lossen the main spring collar so far to get the ride height right that it will go "loose" at full droop then use one of those tension springs.

And I can avoid using one of those by simply getting the correct spring for the weight of my truck from the get go?