Complexity vs Simplicity

Advertising supports this site

Zambo

RDC Crypto
iu

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
I think its more Rob knows the pace to not break or make a mistake. We all have seen other drivers faster but Rob takes care of his equipment and is there at the end. I think you put Rob in a Mason AWD and he still wins that race and would be a little quicker than 2WD. The rest of us took ourselves out with not much pressure before half way. We broke two steering Boxes in the 89 TT.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I think its more Rob knows the pace to not break or make a mistake. We all have seen other drivers faster but Rob takes care of his equipment and is there at the end. I think you put Rob in a Mason AWD and he still wins that race and would be a little quicker than 2WD. The rest of us took ourselves out with not much pressure before half way. We broke two steering Boxes in the 89 TT.

score found every single cross grain ditch on the peninsula and threw it in this race

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
Or maybe the top 4-5 guys with AWD trucks are pushing each other hard enough to break, knowing that if they don't push hard, they lose the race regardless. I would be willing to bet that even Rob himself would tell you that he would not have a chance against the AWD trucks if they held up to the finish line.

With that said, I fully agree that simplicity is always better for most forms of racing.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
The secret is Antifragility

It's a concept where a system is designed so well that the more messed up the inputs are the greater the system performs.
It got famously coined by the philosopher and book author Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

Basically resilience is nice and all... one simply survives the storm. However in Antifragility one gets even stronger in a storm simply because the adversity.

I sincerely believe Rob Mac Cachren is one of those types that actually performs better when things are very hard in racing.
When the pressure is up he enjoys eating it for breakfast. vs. others that only see the outcome or the inputs of racing and build their system around that.

He is not the only one like that in off-road racing and I respect that way of doing anything.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Klaus,
After hearing some of Robs radio chatter during a race and his comments about other drivers in front of or behind him as we give him time splits, I can attest that you are correct. He is a machine behind the wheel with a mind that runs at twice the speed he is driving. It's amazing listening to him when he has something to say. I've also heard it in the shop when he's discussing setups and such for a up coming race.

As for a AWD, remember that he and Luke won the 1000 in Luke's AWD. Driving just slow enough to win.

mig29

El Wikipedia
RDC Crypto
ivanstewart.jpg

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
The secret is Antifragility

It's a concept where a system is designed so well that the more messed up the inputs are the greater the system performs.
It got famously coined by the philosopher and book author Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

Basically resilience is nice and all... one simply survives the storm. However in Antifragility one gets even stronger in a storm simply because the adversity.

I sincerely believe Rob Mac Cachren is one of those types that actually performs better when things are very hard in racing.
When the pressure is up he enjoys eating it for breakfast. vs. others that only see the outcome or the inputs of racing and build their system around that.

He is not the only one like that in off-road racing and I respect that way of doing anything.
at riders meetings, drivers meetings ect, i used to Love hearing the other competitors grumble and complain when the promotor would point out somthing uncomfortable about the course/ track ect, right there i have an advantage , some guys can only race when 'comfortable', Rob Mac i believe aint one of ' those guys'

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
at riders meetings, drivers meetings ect, i used to Love hearing the other competitors grumble and complain when the promotor would point out somthing uncomfortable about the course/ track ect, right there i have an advantage , some guys can only race when 'comfortable', Rob Mac i believe aint one of ' those guys'
There was a drivers meeting?