computer generated? or the real Dianne Feinstein?

dsms motorsports

Reaction
Dear Mr. Nguyen:

Thank you for writing to me to express your concern about the Marine Corps' efforts to acquire land within the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California is currently conducting a Combat Center Potential Land Acquisition Study. Marine Corps officials are reviewing potential lands - including OHV routes in Johnson Valley - for acquisition to expand the Marine Corps' training facilities. The land acquisition proposal is subject to through environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act and will require approval from Congress and the President before the Air Ground Combat Center expansion can move forward.

I understand your concern that the land acquisition proposal could lead to the permanent closure of OHV recreation areas in the Mojave Desert. Driving off-road vehicles is a popular hobby in the State of California, and I recognize the need to provide adequate OHV recreation areas. Please know that I support access to our public lands and will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the Marine Corps' land acquisition efforts.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

wrightracing.net

Reaction
What a crock, If she supported us off roaders in Johnson Valley this would be the first time she supported us anywhere. She is in the pocket of the enviro-nazi left wing groups.:mad:

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
Folks, This is a letter that has been well thought out and delivered to quite a few people.

Fienstien is going to run for governor

She is seeking support.

If you read it closely, she commits to nothing, She quotes the NEPA process, Congress and
Obama for the fate of Johnson Valley. And basically all that is the truth. But she may have
a hand in all this when all is said and done. I will admit her staff have been working with
OHV organizations and they are listening.

I would advise to keep the pressure on her, Getting response back, even generic is a good
thing. We are wearing on them a bit. Also keep on your reps in your district.

Jerry Lewis, I happened to meet with Lewis along with some heavy Pro OHV orgs and some
seasoned OHV activist vets about a year ago. We need to pressure him. Lewis is known to
side with the marine expansion, Duncan Hunter (BTW is an OHV orientated family)also needs our support.

Keep pounding on these reps, As 29p grinds though NEPA, We cant just sit on our thumbs,
write your reps, It will make all the difference.

I have been recently criticized on this site for mixing politics and saving our sport, I will
tell ya, there just is no way around that

Wayne

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thats right. Keep it up I wouldnt buy what that letter says other than she is taking a watch and see on this. Political motivation.

Reaction
Dear Mr. Nguyen:

... The land acquisition proposal is subject to through environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act and will require approval from Congress and the President before the Air Ground Combat Center expansion can move forward.
If this is an exact quote, the letter may have been well thought out, but it certainly isn't well written.

Makes me wonder if staff is even reading what it spews out.

How about this: 29 Palms can expand westward, but only if the area remains accessible to OHV users and we get to stage races on Camp Pendleton's tank tracks?

It'd be good for the environment! Think of all the tow fuel conserved by Orange, SD, and LA countie's racers. ;)

TomJeeps

Reaction
computer generated? or the real Dianne Feinstein?
I'd say nether after getting so many responses a Staff person finaly worte a gernaric responnse, to a pacific issue which is just SOB and meaningless, like would you expect anything different? As far as if it's real or not I say WHO CARES...TJ:p

PLS

Reaction
Exact same response I got, word for word. Typical political double-talk. Make it look/sound like you are saying a lot, but don't commit to anything.

bomber

Reaction
How about this: 29 Palms can expand westward, but only if the area remains accessible to OHV users and we get to stage races on Camp Pendleton's tank tracks?
Haha that would be awesome to get to off-road on Pendleton's tank access roads. I drive by there a couple times a week for work and always think about how fast our vehicles could go on what I can see out there.

TomJeeps

Reaction
Folks, This is a letter that has been well thought out and delivered to quite a few people.

Fienstien is going to run for governor

She is seeking support.

If you read it closely, she commits to nothing, She quotes the NEPA process, Congress and
Obama for the fate of Johnson Valley. And basically all that is the truth. But she may have
a hand in all this when all is said and done. I will admit her staff have been working with
OHV organizations and they are listening.

I would advise to keep the pressure on her, Getting response back, even generic is a good
thing. We are wearing on them a bit. Also keep on your reps in your district.

Jerry Lewis, I happened to meet with Lewis along with some heavy Pro OHV orgs and some
seasoned OHV activist vets about a year ago. We need to pressure him. Lewis is known to
side with the marine expansion, Duncan Hunter (BTW is an OHV orientated family)also needs our support.

Keep pounding on these reps, As 29p grinds though NEPA, We cant just sit on our thumbs,
write your reps, It will make all the difference.

I have been recently criticized on this site for mixing politics and saving our sport, I will
tell ya, there just is no way around that

Wayne
Seek our support for CBD's and Her own anti everythng agenda, which is so easy just attach the NEPA, sorry folks it's just not my line of work...TJ:p

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
If this is an exact quote, the letter may have been well thought out, but it certainly isn't well written.
Drake, read the following from the letter, DiFi says she supports
access to public lands, but what word is missing there?

Motorized access

Please know that I support access to our public lands and will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the Marine Corps' land acquisition efforts.

TomJeeps

Reaction
Good point, but I think the thought just never entered Her mind myself...TJ:p

dsms motorsports

Reaction
that just sickens my stomach, I feel like the military is attacking it's own people. I have never lived good with a democrat running the country, my wife recently kicked a longtime friends kid out of our house for voting democrat from his professors propaganda. sorry for the rant. I feel better now.

Reaction
"OHV" after "support" and before "access"? Peace-lovin' Dem that "monitors" rather than "opposes" military expansionism in the 21st Century?

Forty1Racing

Reaction
No comitment and no truth.... All for political motivation.
"that the land acquisition proposal could lead to the permanent closure of OHV recreation areas in the Mojave Desert."
lets be realistic, once the land is aquired they would not open it back up to the public.

rallyorg

Reaction
Actually she is trying to expand the wilderness areas in California. I sent a note to her and no response on this subject (wilderness expansion) and mention the Johnson Valley area with no response. So I wonder if her staff IS just doing her work for her....because she is ALL for closures and extreme enviromental expansion. I do not mind doing my fair share of cleaning up the desert and keeping it clean BUT taking away public land for public use to enjoy is just not right.

STPR Rally which is a national event for the RA national series has been given the walking papers since they are shutting down state parks and state forest. We have all sent a letter to the state government to not take away what a event does for the local community which for that weekend creates close to a million dollar ecomonic rise for Wellsboro, Penn area. So this weekend could be the last one for this national rally. This can happen in our backyard as well. Starting with Johnson Valley...so be careful who you vote and keep the pressure on these politicians...or they WILL take away everything us American's have little left to enjoy public wise without being told "KEEP OUT", "NO TRESSPASSING."

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
It probably wasn't written by her or a computer... one of her interns most likely read any correspondence and then created a blanket reply.

JPBart

Reaction

This will never happen. USMC uses live rounds for training and would keep us out to protect us from unexploded ordinance. On the other hand, it brings new meaning to the term 'booby trap'!