Congrats Ricky James

bpthirteen

Reaction
Congratulations to Ricky James for the weekend sweep in Superlight. He was even faster Sunday night.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
He was GREAT to watch!!! Basically KILLED the competition!! Congratulations!!! :D

824 Dad

Reaction
What an unbeliveably great weekend, I wasn't sure what to expect going in but no way did I think it would end up like it did with back to back wins in his first ever off road truck race.

A huge thanks goes out to Bill and Casey at http://www.socalsupertrucks.com for taking a huge risk/step in this economy and giving my son such an awesome opportunity and to Ryan, Dave and Tom for the great job they did setting up the truck.

Rick Sr.

XMOTORCR

Reaction
rick, it was great meeting you this weekend. hopefully we will see you on aug 15th at glen helen.

jerry

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Congrats!~

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
A big Congratulations, Rick and Ricky! I missed the Sunday event, but your Saturday race was my favorite race .... I was so happy and amazed to be seeing that you might podium in your first race...running strong in third place, then you saw opportunity and were patient until the two guys ahead of you made mistakes ---FIRST PLACE! what a great win! Frankly, I did not think it was possible to win with hand controls-- too much going on with your hands -- guess I am wrong or you are superhuman! Just love your class of vehicles ... Mazda rotary engines? How much HP?

824 Dad

Reaction
Thanks Doug, it was great to see you at the event, it's been a while. I think the Mazda rotary's are pumping out about 200hp.

Yeah he has his hands full with the controls, the throttle, brake, clutch and shift buttons are all in his left hand and he steers and uses the push to talk, oh and tear offs with his right. He told me once on sunday he was going through the rythm section thumbing the wheel with his left hand and bliping the throttle off the jumps while trying to remove a tear away with his right hand because it was so muddy he couldn't see at all, he's pretty amazing.

Hope to see you at the next one.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
what an awesome thread Brandon, i know it makes you happy and proud being a father of a child in a wheel-chair to see someone such as Ricky have such a successful weekend driving a race-vehicle with his "HANDS" ---- it just shows you and gives you a lil hope that your son's life is not over, despite him being in a chair --- and having big Rick commenting on how proud he is about his son is also encouraging -- you two proud fathers could definetly feed off each other -- thanks for this great thread, and congrats to the James' and to the Pioreks and keep kicking some arse out there on the track and in every day life -- :cool: d-no

bpthirteen

Reaction
Ricky took time Saturday and Sunday night to talk to my son Cameron. I know Ricky is an inspiration for many with Spinal Cord Injuries. Evan Evans was also hanging out and talked with Cameron for quite a while. Cameron is already pushing me to get his car done. I better get busy.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
Had the pleasure of meeting Ricky at Off Road Expo last year. First class individual with a ton of tallent and heart. Great job last weekend Ricky you are an inspiration to many.
Rob

baja619

Reaction
A big Congratulations, Rick and Ricky! ...running strong in third place, then you saw opportunity and were patient until the two guys ahead of you made mistakes ---FIRST PLACE! ?

The 2nd place driver took out the 1st place driver. That was clear as daylight.

Either way
Congrats goes out to Ricky. You definitely earned it, and raced your way fair and square on Sunday.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
what an awesome thread Brandon, i know it makes you happy and proud being a father of a child in a wheel-chair to see someone such as Ricky have such a successful weekend driving a race-vehicle with his "HANDS" ---- it just shows you and gives you a lil hope that your son's life is not over, despite him being in a chair --- and having big Rick commenting on how proud he is about his son is also encouraging -- you two proud fathers could definetly feed off each other -- thanks for this great thread, and congrats to the James' and to the Pioreks and keep kicking some arse out there on the track and in every day life -- :cool: d-no
What deano said, great job guys!

Check out Ricky's website, www.rickyjames824.com you'll see that winning is a pattern that comes from his hard work perseverance.

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
Great driving, great lines and awesome pass for the lead on Sunday. I didn't know much about you before this last weekend and now I'll never forget your name. Looking forward to the day when we get to see you compete against RJ, Rob Mac, McGrath and some of the other elite drivers of the sport. I'm positive you'll do very well.