Congrats to 7384

OldGreen

I know this is jumping the gun since the race is still going on. . .but:

Congrats to Kellon and Quinn Walch for not only winning the 7300 (stock mini) class but also putting a beat down on ALL of the 7100 trucks (7s/sx) AND all of the 7200 mini-trophy trucks in your stone stock Ranger. MAN do we wish we could have been there to give chase, but it looks like today would have been your day no matter what. That is a BIG win in your back yard. Yep. . .37th overall in a truck with 7" of wheel travel. :)

We will be there in Henderson to see if we can give you a run for your money, but in the mean time, RGR is celebrating WITH you!!!!!! Go stockers!!!

Roman

Guys, this is an amazing victory! Congratulations!!!

To win on your "home" track is one thing, but to be the first ranger across the line is unbelievable . . . :D

BestNThDez

I wont speak for Kellon or Quinn, but we had a pretty smooth day! Ended up rear-ending a Jeep that had stopped in the silt (that started in front of us) early on, and were way lucky to not have puntured or damaged the radiator and oil cooler. The front nerf bar bent back and broke, crushing the front bumper/grill and into the radiator, but no leaks. Lucky! Other than that, pretty smooth, but way dusty. Thanks for the props and can't wait to see you in Henderson. BTW, we did miss you at this race! So get "The Goat" ready and let's race.

Trent
Co-Driver

OldGreen

El Chivo will be ready. He's almost set for the engine transplant now.

kellonwalch

Thanks Jim! It wasn't the same without you guys there to race. I hear next year they might combine the 7300 and 3100 class so it will make it a little more exciting. We nailed a jeep pretty hard at about mile marker 17 and I was gun shy the rest of the day in the dust and kept thinking we were going to hit somebody again. I guess the jeep stalled in some silt and couldn't get going. We didn't even see them untill it was too late. We would of fared even better overall if it wasn't for that, but thats racing right. The race was so dusty it was crazy. Especially towards the finish when the dust was just sitting there and you couldn't even see the front of your truck, let alone the course. Still beating all the 7200s is pretty cool, especially when we are pushing 6 inches of travel!
Rick and those guys kept us honest all day. Well done to them as well on a good finish. Can't wait till Henderson either. Luckily I'll be doing some racing in the mean time. Hopefully I can make it but if I can't Quinn will for Sure. Quinn did an excellent job driving his section in this race also. Thanks again for the kind words!

OldGreen

Where are you racing between now and then? Bikes?

kellonwalch

No, No much better than the bikes. It will be a good experience for me. Oh and we didn't beat all the 7200s. They were stopped at the fire longer than us so on corrected time three of em beat us. Not by too far though :)