Congrats!

doug969

Reaction
Congrats to Craig/Haney car for a great 1st place and Dave Bolles on 2nd and Bud on 3rd all running SR racing front beams. Thanks guys!

Polarcub

Reaction
Congrats is definitely in order everyone ran a great race, also congrats to the woods team 965 for getting that car to the checkered flaf...about time lol...thankls to everyone had a great time out there co-dawging for my dad in the 990....he pulled the whole race in the car......Matt did a great job driving the first three and dad brought it home for a nice finish.....the weather folks could have brought some cooler temps though...jajaja!!!
Congrats again to all!!
Jeremy

ACME

Reaction
Big ups to Team owner Haney and the hired guns, you guys worked it! Nice run Dave & Bud and additional congrats to Mr. Butt Wart on the birth of his shiney new daughter!!!! Wow, I guess I was wrong on that fast lap, what happened FFFFfffffrrancis were you guy dragging an anchor ;)????

9rocky

Reaction
Congrats to Haney Motorsports on the win. Must be the team owner thing. ;)

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Thanks Doug, and also to ACME too.. Corey thanks for dropping off my spare set.. Had a great race.. and very happy with 2nd.

justplainnate

Reaction
great job haney/craigs! you were on it.

mrmatt

Reaction
Huge congrats to the Woods 965! Kaveman motorsports is so happy for you guys!

Way to go Haney/craig on a great win.
Congrats to all the finishers. Way to not die of heat stroke and dust inhalation! That was seriouslyy the dustiest race I have ever driven.

Like Polarcub said.....our Dad is amazing! He co-drove with me for the first 3 laps and then needed to show us kids how it was done for the last 2 laps! Way to guide Dad through the dust Jer! I could have done with out the ignition problem also but hey....a finish is a finish.

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
Good job guys! Im glad you finished and kept it together finally.. lol

Congrats to all the finishers. Way to not die of heat stroke and dust inhalation! That was seriouslyy the dustiest race I have ever driven.

Like Polarcub said.....our Dad is amazing! He co-drove with me for the first 3 laps and then needed to show us kids how it was done for the last 2 laps! Way to guide Dad through the dust Jer! I could have done with out the ignition problem also but hey....a finish is a finish.

Thanks guys for all the help. That 10000 LB gorilla is finally off our backs LOL

Johnson954

Reaction
Congrats to the Haney team on the win and the Wood team on their finish! We found out 9 cars don't run too good without air filters! If anyone finds my air filter, I would love to have it back. We started losing horsepower on lap 2, so I'm not sure when and where it fell off...

Wood965

Reaction
Congrats to the Haney team on the win and the Wood team on their finish! We found out 9 cars don't run too good without air filters! If anyone finds my air filter, I would love to have it back. We started losing horsepower on lap 2, so I'm not sure when and where it fell off...

Thanks Steve, felt great to finally finish. Bummer to hear about your air filter, we were wondering what happen to you. We were really crusing this race. We have never raced this course, and we did not have a chance to prerun so we just took it easy and concentrated on finishing. My brother Don was in the car first and said you went by him so fast he thought he was driving a go cart.

Talk to you later,
Dan

Wood965

Reaction

Thanks Matt, It was good to see you guys again. Thanks for all your help and advice. We really appreciate it. Lets get together some time and bbq.

Thanks,
Dan

Wood965

Reaction
Good job guys! Im glad you finished and kept it together finally.. lol

Finally is right. Thanks Doug for everything. Your front end and spindles were awesome. That was some of the best money we have spent on our car.

Thanks,
Dan

mrmatt

Reaction
Thanks Matt, It was good to see you guys again. Thanks for all your help and advice. We really appreciate it. Lets get together some time and bbq.

Thanks,
Dan

For sure!!!! You know I am always up for some carne asada tacos!

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Nice job team Haney/Burns/Craig not bad for an 80 year old man ;) great job to Dave Bolles quick and consistant laps definetly pay off. I had an awesome time but with a few little problems along the way. Near the middle of my 2nd lap my throttle cable snapped and while changing that I noticed that the arm on the carbuerator which the cable attaches to was broken, I rigged it so I had about 1/2throttle and was able to use the ignition and the gears to get back to main pit, luckily I had a spare carb and my crew switched the new arm out with the broken piece on the car, and I was off. On the last lap I got a flat near mile 9 and again my crew at mile 11 had it changed very quickly. I have to thank my entire crew for the awesomely fast stops and tire changes, I know I say it after every event but I know I would not be able to compete without you. I have to give major props to Transaxle Engineering, the trans handled everything I threw at it and still wanted more, Johnny Jeff and Brad build some awesome gear boxes! Babe Jones (Barn Burners) racing engines hooked me up with an engine that litteraly screamed, I used different gearing in my gear box this race but this engine pulled everything, I am so glad to have your engine in my car. Thanks Casey Jones and Amsoil for the great products. Thanks to Silcock Racing for supplying my front end parts, my KC lights work much better when they are not smashed and they definetly showed me the light this race. Thanks (Fast Iron Fabrication) Gary Seagroves builds an awesome chassis for just about every class out there. Thanks MORE Racing for giving us a great place to race. Great job to everyone out there and I hope to see all at the next MORE race

Johnson954

Reaction
Thanks Steve, felt great to finally finish. Bummer to hear about your air filter, we were wondering what happen to you. We were really crusing this race. We have never raced this course, and we did not have a chance to prerun so we just took it easy and concentrated on finishing. My brother Don was in the car first and said you went by him so fast he thought he was driving a go cart.

Talk to you later,
Dan

Ha ha...I'm glad you guys had a good run after the week leading up to the race didn't look so good. We had some trouble of our own making it to the race, after finding a crack in our frame on Thurs. I want to send a special thank you out to Warren Messick for fixing our car on Friday night, and for Drew Kelty stopping by on Saturday to help me get the car ready! Saturday was a long day of finishing the car and teching in the horrible heat and humidity....and then getting in to race. I ended up suffering from some heat exhaustion after the race, not being able to control my body temperature and keep fluids down, so I'm sorry I didn't get to congratulate the winners and finishers. My wife and I had a blast racing all of you, and I want to apologize to the Ruble car for bumping them without a horn....but my horn wasn't working, and I was just trying to let you know I was there. That was the first thing to go wrong on our day, and looking at the Photo Ahead pictures, we were missing our air filter when we went over the "ant hill" (or spectator hill...whatever its called) on lap 2. I know the long uphill wash going towards the college on lap 2, I could only run 1st gear most of the time...so we really started falling off the pace there. Hopefully we'll see everyone at the Powder Puff...if we can get a motor ready, and then we are going to focus on the Pro 9 races for next year. I can't wait!