• Forum membership has its advantages....

Congratulations Broc Dickerson on Class 10 Win

John F2000

After watching Broc's interview at the finish for the 500 I had to post this thread. I don't know the story other than the interview, but to be the second place car chasing down the first place car, to then stop to help pull the first place car off a rock and then to continue on to take the win, needless to say, that was very impressive and says a lot about Broc. Good Job! and Congrats!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Also I might add Broc rolled his car at RM10(ish) and came from dead last to finish first physically and in class. Helluva run and love to see the good sportsmanship!

Congrats Broc!!

9rocky

Congratulations to Broc on his win. Also, as the car he pulled off the rock, a true sign of outstanding character and sportsmanship. Thank you from RPI Racing for being a top notch individual.

Bdub 1020

.Your always a class act to Kevin. Have not been to involved lately with life pulling me in other directions , raising a grandbaby etc. But a question. I noticed watching that Broc had (I think) 35 in projects on his 10 car. Was I seeing things. This seems smart for Baja. Little more weight but way less chance of flat in long distance race ?

pdailey

Racer
.Your always a class act to Kevin. Have not been to involved lately with life pulling me in other directions , raising a grandbaby etc. But a question. I noticed watching that Broc had (I think) 35 in projects on his 10 car. Was I seeing things. This seems smart for Baja. Little more weight but way less chance of flat in long distance race ?
I saw that too. Guess it paid off. We've had really good luck with the 35x10.5 BFG. Last flat we got on them was 2015 Baja 1000 which I totally earned.

J Burleson

Congrats to Broc and the whole team! Kids got a future in the desert for sure! And obviously this kids got a good head on his shoulders to help his competition out of a bad spot like that! How'd that all shake out? I'd love to hear his race report!

RedRide

Also I might add Broc rolled his car at RM10(ish) and came from dead last to finish first physically and in class. Helluva run and love to see the good sportsmanship!

Congrats Broc!!
He was way down on the RPI car and remainder of the field coming through Urupan. Can't believe he caught them??? I noticed those wide 35's as well and thought they looked heavy. He obviously has things figured out...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

broc_dickerson

thanks everyone for the positive comments. I stopped to pull Cody off the rock because 1. we were already ahead of him on time considering we started 13th and he started 1st, and 2. I figured if I was ever stuck in the middle of the desert I would wish that someone would stop and pull me off too. And to those talking about us running Projects, yes we ran them knowing that it was a rocky course and there weren't many places to pass cleanly so we might have to go bush wacking. Yes they were heavier and we lost a little HP and torque but being able to push the car as hard as I could through the rocks definitely helped us make up time.

Quick race report-

My first 500 could not have went any better. We started deep (13th) in a competitive group of 10 cars and knew that we had our work cut out for us. Off the start I was pushing a little extremely and ended up rolling the car at mile marker 15. After about 10 minutes we had gathered about 20 loyal fans and got the car back going. At this point we were in the middle of the 16 cars so I had to make my way through them before I could start racing with the 10 cars. By mile marker 30 we had gotten by the 16 cars and were now starting to pick off the slower 10 cars. At mile marker 80 we were the 7th 10 car on the road. We slowly picked off the other cars before entering the rocky section of the course at mile marker 170, where we knew we could make up time. We charged hard through the rocks and came into mile marker 250 running second physically and 17 minutes behind the leader. I kept pushing the car to its limits through the San Felipe section and was slowly closing the gap between Cody Reid and myself. When we got on the highway at mile marker 395 we were 5 minutes behind Cody, which gave us the lead on corrected time because we started 6:30 behind him. At this point we had come so far and we wanted to get that number 1 physical position. I kept pushing to catch Cody and around mile marker 450 I came around a corner and saw a car high centered on a rock and my co-rider Cameron said it was Cody. I slammed on the brakes and turned around and gave Cody a quick tug to keep him in the race. After that point I drove smart and conservative just to get the car to the finish. We finished 1st unofficially and gave a huge sigh of relief when we crossed the finish line. On Sunday it was confirmed that we won by 20 minutes. I couldn't do it without my co-rider Cameron Corfman who was calling everything I needed, and also my whole team who devoted so much hard work and dedication to make sure we had the best equipment for the race.

Zac Reish

How Awesome! Don't know who you are but I'm an instant fan. To pull the leader off a rock to take the lead and later win. I don't think there could be a sweeter win ever in a race. Congratulations on the best win I've ever heard.

And by the way I was spectating as you came out of San Felipe and you were f ing flying. Faster than every trophy truck I saw. We got there before the 5th tt had past. So there were some fast trucks coming through. I talked about the 10 car with the projects for about 30 minutes after you past.

cgaddis15

Congrats Broc and Cameron you guys overcame an early blow and turned it into a win! The decision to run projects was a gamble that most including myself probably wouldn't have taken, and a lot of BFG guys are scratching their heads this week! Also to Jake Velasco race prep. This is the 7th Class 10 win in a row for JVRP with 3 different Alumicraft 10 cars and drivers! Way to represent Imperial Valley to all involved!