Congratulations Kevin Carr/Noe Valdez/Kent Lothringer on your B1k win!!

JPBart

RDC Crypto
I watched this race online and it was an amazing race to watch. I don't know the details but briefly what I saw online was Kent hand off the car in the top 3, the top 3 within a 5-10 mile window. The 2nd driver chased them down and passed for the lead before Bay of LA and then something went wrong. They were down for some reason, made it out to the BoLA road, got fixed and left in 3rd or 4th about 85 miles behind the leader after a couple of hours down. The rest of the pack was close behind at this point.

I watched the Amigo Tech / Lothringer 5 car reel them in little by little all the way to the finish where they were about 10 miles back when the 501 car finished giving them 2nd place. I don't know what happened but looking at the official results it looks like the 501 got about a 2 hour penalty giving the 500 the clear win.

Congrats to the entire team for not giving up and giving it your all. That is what Baja racing is all about!

Congratulations to Kent Lothringer on his first Baja 1000 win. Kent has won lots of races and championships in a variety of classes and series and has had plenty of wins as a builder but the B1k was the one that always seemed to slip through his fingers with a number of podium finishes over the years but not a personal win. That 1st place trophy is going to look good in the trophy case!

bajabird

RDC Crypto
Website
www.mybaja1000.com
I havent seen the results, but my cheers to all the 5 guys, and to all.

We had our troubles, and we had our fun. What a wonderful time!

I do not want to see, taste, smell, touch, eat, or be around talc for a while. Still coughing it up.

Cheers Kevin, cheers Cody, cheers Drew, cheers to all..... my guys know.... CHEEEEEEEEEEEEERS, be home safe. I'll stay here holding back the banditos till your safe! then i will grab whats left of the race fuel and beer and be on my way

Advertising supports this site

Slang

RDC Crypto
Website
www.langracing.net
Congratulations to Kent Lothringer on his first Baja 1000 win.

Bryan J

RDC Crypto
What a great class!!!! congrats to everyone in 5 open!!! and thanks to Tom Bird. for letting me get my first taste of Baja in his car. I had a blast!

Old Skool 5

RDC Crypto
Great to see good showing for 5 opens. Also like a true Champion from what I read here on RDC Drew Belk pulled seats out of his plane and flew a injured motorcycle rider to La Paz to get him to the hospital...thats awsome !! If any of you have fuel left we have 12 Class 5's pre-entered for the MORE race Dec 4th...We (car 5025) are entered !!

Bryan J

RDC Crypto
Great to see good showing for 5 opens. Also like a true Champion from what I read here on RDC Drew Belk pulled seats out of his plane and flew a injured motorcycle rider to La Paz to get him to the hospital...thats awsome !! If any of you have fuel left we have 12 Class 5's pre-entered for the MORE race Dec 4th...We (car 5025) are entered !!
guna be another great race for sure!!!!

Advertising supports this site

Sundtshine

RDC Crypto
Congrats Kent, Its been a long time since our attempt together. ahh the memories of doing 550 miles with a rubber floor you fabricated after doing your section with out one.

mawtrophykart

RDC Crypto
What can I say these guys are a class act and deserve this win! Congrats to Kevin and Kent and the whole team, good job champs!

J_Lothringer

RDC Crypto
Congrats uncle Kent!! So staoked for you to finally win won! I thought we were well on our way of getting one myself this year, but that all ended with a broken ankle! Oh well at least one Lothringer helped win a Baja 1000! Congrats to you and the whole team

KC Amigo

RDC Crypto
Thanks alot to Kent for helping us out this year it has been a pleasure having you on our team. I hope the Baja 1000 win makes up for spending the night in the Uruapan silt beds in the 500. Also big thanks to Luis Barragan , Luis Barragan Jr. & team who were the other 2 drivers that made the class 5 win possible. We are pretty much tied with Barragan racing for the class 12 championship in the CODE series to be decided in the Race Ready 275 on Dec4. Even so they put our CODE rivalry aside and were a major part of why we won the 1000, they really are a class act. Special thanks to all our chasers. Everyone was right where they should have been at the right time and without you guys we would probably still be stuck out in the desert somewhere. Thanks to BFG for all your help as well. We had no flats all race which is incredible considering the punishment we put the car through and how many times we went into the rocks and bushes (we lost the brakes early on). It was also great to finally have a good number of entries. I really enjoyed racing with all the other class 5 guys hope to see you again in 2011.
Kevin