Congratulations Steve Olliges on winning the 2015 CAMBURG Best in the Desert award

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
This is what it is all about in Steve's words.

"I'm Excited about winning the 2015 Camburg Award. This award is given to the fastest driver over every mile of every race in the Best in the Desert racing season. This award doesn't come easy and I'd like to thank Mark Newhan for his spot-on prep work, my codriver @jbateman27 who's raced every mile along side me, and the whole 27 crew for all their hard work. We had an awesome season!! Thank you Camburg Engineering for coming up with this incredible award including all the sponsors who contribute to this award as well ‪#‎generaltires‬ ‪#‎kchilites‬ ‪#‎kmcwheels‬ ‪#‎magnaflowexhaust‬ ‪#‎nfab‬ ‪#‎ruggedradios‬ ‪#‎scosche‬ industries"

The whole Camburg crew congratulates Steve Olliges on such a successful year! 12313807_10205450855130898_6422026987444087803_n.jpg IMG_0265.JPG

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Biting tongue.....lol

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
It's a great award. This is endurance racing!

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
It's a great award. This is endurance racing!
hahahahahahaha.....oooooook!..... what did steve win??? how much money??? im asking because i REALLY dont know....

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Some old info I found. Looks like both. Pretty cool.

The winner of the 2011 Camburg “Best In The Desert” Award will receive $4000 in cash and over $5000 in products from the combined contributions of Camburg Engineering, General Tire, FOX Racing Shox, SCOSCHE Industries, and KMC Wheels, plus an awesome trophy.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
hahahahahahaha.....oooooook!..... what did steve win??? how much money??? im asking because i REALLY dont know....

$14,000 with the BITD Trick Truck Challenge, but since it was $7k to enter, he took home $7k.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
$14,000 with the BITD Trick Truck Challenge, but since it was $7k to enter, he took home $7k.
sorry dan....I meant for the prestigious camburg award.....my bad

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Leave it to Pete to throw ice water on any accomplishment. Thanks bud!

Aren't you the same guy who said your BL was faster than any class 8. Two years in a row the old ibeam, stock frame truck beat all 6100's... With what I say were worse conditions starting behind all 10's and 7200's...

Bdub 1020

Reaction
So its like a fastest ironman / milestone award? Congrats Steve. I am amazed how you hang with the group of big dogs you race against. Cool accomplishment in my book. Finishing every mile of every race in itself is awesome.

tooltime

Reaction
Congratulations to Steve and the entire crew, as it takes everyone to make the wheels go around. Winning starts in the shop with prep. Not just pre on the car, but prep for the season and the logistics of everything. Again, my hats off the entire team 27 on a great season. Good things are yet to come.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Can someone explain the award I'm lost. Fastest in all races combined? Wouldn't that be the champion?

The award is the fastest racer over every mile of every race.

As for the championship you would think so. But in BITD they throw away the worst result so in a few classes such as TT and 6100 the racer who earned the most points and finished every race had to throw away their worst finish and all the other racers get to throw out a dnf.

I know next year BITD will be changing their points system.

From my mobile device using Taptalk. Spelling mistakes likely.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
The award is the fastest racer over every mile of every race.

As for the championship you would think so. But in BITD they throw away the worst result so in a few classes such as TT and 6100 the racer who earned the most points and finished every race had to throw away their worst finish and all the other racers get to throw out a dnf.

I know next year BITD will be changing their points system.

From my mobile device using Taptalk. Spelling mistakes likely.
changing the system to where WINNING and KICKING ASS is rewarded, or where consistent mediocrity is rewarded?????