Congratulations to Ivan Stewart

Lord Green

Reaction
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 5, 2019) – The Motorsports Hall of Fame of America (MSHFA) will induct its largest class in recent years March 16 - 17, 2020 during its 32nd annual Induction Celebration in Daytona Beach.

The Class of 2020 includes NASCAR's first-ever champion Robert "Red" Byron (Historic), flat track impresario Chris Carr (Motorcycles), early motorcycle racer, promoter and publisher Floyd Clymer (At Large), driver, official and safety advocate Wally Dallenbach, Sr. (Open Wheel), Rick Hendrick, one of NASCAR's most successful owners (Stock Cars), Daytona 500 champion Tiny Lund (Historic), Can-Am and Rolex 24 At Daytona champion Jacky Ickx (Sports Cars), quarter-mile racing legend "Ohio" George Montgomery (Drag Racing) and Baja 500 and 1,000 and SCORE World Champion Ivan "Ironman" Stewart (Off-Road Racing).

Next year marks the fifth consecutive induction ceremony in Daytona Beach since the MSHFA moved to Daytona International Speedway (DIS) in 2016, from Novi, Mich. The Hall is housed in the speedway's Ticket and Tours Building located in front of the famed 2.5-mile DIS tri-oval.

The MSHFA Class of 2020 was unveiled in a press conference at DIS – site of this weekend's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coke Zero Sugar 400 – by Motorsports Hall of Fame of America President Ron Watson and Daytona International Speedway President Chip Wile.

"We are delighted to welcome our largest class of inductees in recent years into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America," Watson said. "We have expanded to two enshrines in the Historic category and are thrilled to introduce Off-Road Racing as its own category for the first time in 2020."

The nine Class of 2020 honorees will be enshrined into the Hall on Tuesday March 17 in the 32nd annual MSHFA Induction Ceremony presented by Firestone, the traditional black-tie gala that is the crowning event of the two-day, multi-function MSHFA Induction Celebration in Daytona Beach.

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart (Off-Road Racing) – Stewart didn't start driving professionally until age 37 but became known as the "Ironman" for driving solo in marathon events like the Baja 1000 that others drove in pairs. Overall, Stewart captured 84 desert victories and 10 championships, including 17 Baja 500s, eight Mint 400s, four Parker 400s, three Baja 1000s and four SCORE World Championships, typically at the wheel of his distinctive, center-seat Toyota pickups. Stewart dominated Mickey Thompson Stadium Off-Road Racing during its 12-year run, taking three Grand National Sport Trucks titles and 17 main-event victories, both records.

Total Loss

Reaction
Congrats Ivan ! VERY well deserved...

Loved Jacky Ickx also- he could drive anything. Dakar Rally winner...and on my lineup card for the 1971 Questor Grand Prix at Ontario Motor Speedway. He finished 8th in his Ferrari 312B that day ..started 2nd row next to another legend- Denis Hulme.

Congrats to the legends and thanks for the memories I had growing up - watching and dreaming ...

MAC56

Reaction
Wow, I was at the Questor GP at Ontario and a massive Mclaren Can- Am fan back then, We sold
shocks to Citroen in 91-92 and Jacky Icks was one of the drivers we tested with in Baja. Very very nice man and smart.
The team of 20 french mechanics and engineers were hungry so we took them to a no name restaurant in Valley de Trinidad for machaca, the team was questioning the food from a place with no windows and dirt on the floor, Jacky asked me if it was ok, it was very good and when the took a bite and smiled the team devoured it.
He can add food taster to his resume.
Later when I raced Protruck I had a chance to ride with Ivan, so smooth so much in control truly a legend to off road and motorsports. Both Very worthy of the honor .

Total Loss

Reaction
Wow, I was at the Questor GP at Ontario and a massive Mclaren Can- Am fan back then, We sold
shocks to Citroen in 91-92 and Jacky Icks was one of the drivers we tested with in Baja. Very very nice man and smart.
The team of 20 french mechanics and engineers were hungry so we took them to a no name restaurant in Valley de Trinidad for machaca, the team was questioning the food from a place with no windows and dirt on the floor, Jacky asked me if it was ok, it was very good and when the took a bite and smiled the team devoured it.
He can add food taster to his resume.
Later when I raced Protruck I had a chance to ride with Ivan, so smooth so much in control truly a legend to off road and motorsports. Both Very worthy of the honor .
You and I seem to be cut from the same cloth.
Ickx was one of my racing heroes...and what I witnessed of Ivan always the smoothest through the section.
The Can Am Mclarens, Chapparals, Shadows...etc were my ALL TIME favorite race cars...or any car for that matter.
Absolutely NOTHING like the Mclaren M8 series cars...I still get chills watching them. Or the innovations of Jim Hall...looking back...what awed me as a little boy and probably helped me get into racing.

And of course tacos and cervesa at Valle T.

Oh yeah- Mario won that Questor Grand Prix...another legend that can drive anything.

MAC56

Reaction
Did shocks for Newman/ Haas in 89-90 and Mario and Michael were the drivers, Mario was Great in every way and fun to work with , well at least one Andretti was....

Dave Mason Sr.

Reaction
So Awesome for Ivan. No one more deserving. Look at that record of victory's. 84 desert wins in very competitive classes. 17 Baja 500 victories? Come On? That is Awesome!
Also Great that the very sport of Off Road Racing was recognized along with Ivan's accomplishments. I was blessed to have grown up watching a driver that legitimized our local west coast sport and helped bring it into the international spotlight. I was also blessed to be one of the guys that participated in his PRO Truck series later in my career. Ivan's very name brought the clout that created the opportunities to race at events like the Pikes Peak international hill climb and other special, out of the box races venues. These racing opportunities helped make many special memories for our family and brought the PRO Trucks to fans that would never make it to Baja to see them race in the desert. Cheers to Ivan and Linda for a life time achievement at the highest levels of off road, that brought him the level of recognition that earned him the induction into yet another Hall of Fame!