Congregation of 1400/1450 trucks

PeterT

Reaction
Well, we went to MDR California 200. What a great field of 1400 and 1450 trucks! Unfortunately, Wayne (1436) only got about 30 miles in before a severe suspension failure. So our night ended before it really got started. We loved the side by side starting, that adds some excitement. Congrats to Kevin McMurray for the class win.

So my question is this: A while back I asked which races you 1400 and 1450 guys like to go to. This was obviously one of them. Also BAP coming up. But are there any between now and then that a bunch of you plan on attending? MDR, MORE, SNORE, Superstition? We want to go where the action is.

PT

D. Freeman

Reaction
Check out 1450.org they bounce around among different racing organizations and always have good turnouts. The MDR New Years race at Plaster city usually draws alot of 1450s too.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
come back to MDR for the september race if you like hucking the wall!! :) allways good times.

http://www.mdrracing.com/california/6/

qracing

Reaction
i say since the superstition guys made there way up there, we make the next big race for the 1400's and 1450's the mdr dash. I can see now why leaf spring trucks do so well, nothing real tenichal but still fun, just wish i would have had v8.=)

LC Offroad Racing

Reaction
The Dash should be one of are first races back in the new truck shooting for the superstion 250 but want to get atleast 500 test miles before we race. See you guys in Plaster City this year.

G.A.S.

Reaction
I'd race the Dash if I wasn't having a baby due on Jan 5th, and I didn't tear my front suspension/steering up at the night race.

FCORR

Reaction
The 3 biggest and best 1450 races of the year in my opinion are:

BAP
MDR Night Race
MDR Bud Light Dash

JAM 1600

Reaction
I am sure we can do something special for you truck guys ( sorry I am a buggy dork at heart ) if you all decide to make it to the DASH ! I will admit when I saw how many 1450's were signed up I was concerned about lap traffic but everyone raced clean and the slow ones got out of the way and the fast ones passed very clean.We can start a list of who wants to race the DASH and when it starts to grow so will the interest with companies that would want to support this event with product and prizes ! If anyone is interested in organizing this event please PM me and I will help with details and suggestions ! ;)

AZmxer

Reaction
Congrats to Kevin McMurray for the class win.

PT

Thanks!! it was a blast

I should be out at the Dash and for sure BAP

LC Offroad Racing

Reaction
I am sure we can do something special for you truck guys ( sorry I am a buggy dork at heart ) if you all decide to make it to the DASH ! I will admit when I saw how many 1450's were signed up I was concerned about lap traffic but everyone raced clean and the slow ones got out of the way and the fast ones passed very clean.We can start a list of who wants to race the DASH and when it starts to grow so will the interest with companies that would want to support this event with product and prizes ! If anyone is interested in organizing this event please PM me and I will help with details and suggestions ! ;)

We will be at the Dash

PeterT

Reaction
So it sounds like the Dash is the next one to shoot for. How about the MORE Powder Puff race? How many of you trust your wives/girlfriends/daughters with your equipment?

PT

FCORR

Reaction
So it sounds like the Dash is the next one to shoot for. How about the MORE Powder Puff race? How many of you trust your wives/girlfriends/daughters with your equipment?

PT

IMO, MORE's 1450 doesn't compare...there a few guys that race there, but until MORE makes some changes they will never have a race that is on the same level as the 3 races I mentioned above...

Mike Hobbs

Reaction
What changes should MORE make?

IMO, MORE's 1450 doesn't compare...there a few guys that race there, but until MORE makes some changes they will never have a race that is on the same level as the 3 races I mentioned above...

ultrablew

Reaction
How about making the DRIVE September 19th race the next big 1450 race? I am game!:D;) I am working on a few things for the 1450 class that are exciting (well to me anyway.) It will be a great/inexpensive race to do given the laps and format and reduced entry fee. If all goes well, looks like we will have a decent payback too. Not bad for a sportsman class. Getty-Up guys and gals, come beat us (or try):p