Cons of a 2.0 Coilover?

MH20

RDC Crypto
Are there any disadvantages of using a 2.0" coil carrier rather than using a 2.5"? Easier to fit, cheaper and springs are also cheaper, so are there any disadvantages? This would be going on a mini truck along with a 2.5 or 3.0 bypass per corner.

matt_helton

Racer
RDC Crypto
Website
Visit site
ive seen plenty of mini trucks that run a 2.0 as a coil carrier. the bypass shock would do all the dampening. i dont know of any dissadvantages off hand for a 2.0 coil over. it would be easier to fit in a tight spot and your right, i think there is a bigger selection of different spring rates and lengths for a 2.0 and i think they are cheaper than 2.5 coils.

singlehanded

RDC Crypto
In reality how much are you really gonna save running a coil carrier verses a regular 2.0 shock. I really dont think youll save enough to warrent going with a dummy shock. 2.0 shocks arent very expensive.

MH20

RDC Crypto
I am probably going to run some light valving in the coilover/coil carrier, but was just wondering any disadvantage with running a 2.0 vs a 2.5, not the savings in cost between a normal shock and a dummy shock.

Thanks for the input so far

MH20

RDC Crypto
Same with Fox, both the 2.0 and 2.5 coilovers use 7/8" (0.875) shafts...so basically there are no disadantages if you're gonna be running another big shock anyways.

Bomber52

RDC Crypto
Website
www.radflo.com
There should be no problem at all in running a 2.0 coil over/ carrier. Nissan Motorsport here in South Africa and also in Europe run the same set-up with no problems. They have been doing this for sometime now.

Glenn

Attachments

• 84011-Duncan Vos.jpg
    84011-Duncan Vos.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 262

Bonzen

RDC Crypto
22mm diameter. By the way...come get em or I am going to sell them to the next flatbiller that walks in here lol!

hoeker

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rosshoek.com
Fish was close, the correct answer is most CORR trucks use this setup. while most CORR guys don't run any valving in the 2.0; Fox set my current truck up with dampning in the 2.0 coilover for some low speed control then we handle the big stuff with the 3.0 bypass. this is a great setup, it works excellent and is very easy to try different spring rates when they're only around 35-40 bucks a coil.
www.rosshoek.com