Constant vandals have gone to far!

200MPHTape

Reaction
Over the course of 6 months some one has been vandalizing my motor home, it has ranged from egging to dumping oil on it. This time they took the water cap off and poured oil in the fresh water tank. I have had it, these people will PAY! This accurd last night or the night before, on Alphonse St. in Santee. They have spray painted, splashed paint and various other liquids on it but this time they have taken it TOO FAR! I don't think its kids because every time they pour oil all the way down the side it is used oil, and this time it looks like used transmission fluid. I have not done any thing to anyone to be wronged like this, and if parking it on a street is bothering them that they have to walk an extra 30 feet, they should worry more about their own health! I use it every weekend and move it twice during the week, I will even leave it parked in front of my garage untill late night and then go park it, and when I do, there is enough parking in front and in back of it for several other motor homes. It's not like its taking up to many parking spaces, when that side of the street is empty. I park it on the North side of the street which is the back side of the houses on Princess Marcie and condos on the south side with their own parking spaces. The only thing I can think of is some one must not like the previous owner and thinks its him!

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Sounds like someone is pissed at a (perceived) eyesore rather than a parking space dispute. If you go the police route try reporting the "illegal dumping of oil/chemicals" into the storm drain in addition to vandalism.

To be honest I had an old motorhome moving around my neighborhood for months. Despite being lawfully moved every few days it attracted more trailers and motorhomes onto the street. The street seemed to look like a mobile molester and meth lab village for a while. It took some aggressive ticketing (no calls from me though) to get the street cleared.

200MPHTape

Reaction
It is in great shape and has been washed several times a month now, it does have lots of race stickers and sponsors on it. Maybe I should take of the one with the last owners MotorSports sticker. There are several other motorhomes and even some race cars(dirt track) on the street. None of them have been vandalized, I asked the Sheriff. The Sheriff asked if I had any beefs with any one? I have never argued or any thing like that with any of my neighbors, we gather almost every night and drink beers in the garage. I almost placed a game tracker in the window, but was afraid they would then break in trying to retrieve it after the flash went off. This is all happening across the street from City Hall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

sparkypyro

Reaction
Motor home and trailer storage should be in your own driveway, in front of your house(not someone elses) or in a storage facility. My parents had an RV and trailer for years and never once put it any place else but the driveway or storage. Why should your storage problems become someone elses problem. Vandalism should not be the answer though. I have lived in 2 houses were people from OTHER streets brought their RV's to park for storage. Looking out my living room window and seeing the side someones 33 foot motorhome for an entire week instead of the park across the street would piss me off. I would never do damage though, I would leave it up to parking enforcement as that is there job. Many cities in my area are cracking down because of the problems of a few. In Torrance you now need to get a permit from the city to park any recreational vehicle in the street. What once was a very short term convenience(loading up for the weekend) has now become a problem for many. and we thank the few!

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
200MPH,

Sent me a PM with who you talked to at SDSO and include the specifics of the vandalism, especially the spraypainting. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, If you park it where you can view it from your home, set up a video camera in a window of your house.

I agree with "Being a good neighbor" and keeping an RV at or near your house, at the same time, the Santee municipal code allows the parking of RV's on a public street. Unless someone files a complaint, it shouldn't be an issue.

Tipracer

Reaction
What happened to having a chat with your neighbor??!! What a childlike thing to do, the person obviously has some interaction issues...hope you are able to clean out the gunk..good luck catching the lowlife.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Regardless of if a vehicle is an "eyesore" or not there is NEVER any need for vandalism... ESPECIALLY if no one has confronted you and asked you to move your motor home :(

I am VERY sorry to hear that there are immature adults out there that think ruining other peoples property is acceptable! :mad:

Nice underground sticker BTW :)

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
200, I am soo sorry someone has messed with your stuff. From time to time I get warnings for leaving a "project" in my driveway. I did a clutch swap that took two days (forgot to get the throw out bearing when I got my new clutch) and that was all the time it took for a complaint to be filed. I wish the "anonymous" complainer had contacted me first. I have no HOA or anything, mow my lawn and wave to and am friendly with my neighbors.

The city inspector actually came out to meet me finally. He was super nice and suggested that someone has a beef with me. I dunno who it is though. He explained that he regularly gets complaints about me from the same anonymous person. With the one exception of the clutch incident, the complaint is never justified. He is as annoyed by the complainer as I am.

Vandalism is no way to handle an issue like this. Any stand up guy would just leave a note explaining that while even though you remain within the law that they don't like the RV. I assume they tried to complain and were told that their complaint had no merit legally and they were screwed. They then decided to use these gurilla tactics to project their displeasure. This is a PUNK move by them!

I am glad to see the "Underground" sticker is still there!!!! If it gets removed I will understand. Aparantly these guys have never met an Underground member. If ya need me to dispatch the troops let me know!

I hope you do your own sting operation. Harbor freight has cheapo video cameras that are easy to hide and wire up to a vcr, camcorder etc. Long wires so you can mount them outside and have the recording equip inside. I used it when I had a few sketchy neighbors living in the rental next door. Never got anything on tape but they saw me installing the camera so i guess it was preventative instead.

Maybe knocking on a few doors and telling your neighbors about your situation will help too. Kinda like "Block Watch".... If you do knock on the door of the guy who is mesing with ya maybe he will realize you are getting proactive about these incidents and it will stop his actions against you. Don't mention the camera to anyone. You never know who you can trust.

Good luck from me and the rest of the UNDERGROUND!

Another sugggestion, Tape your hookups, filler caps, etc closed with duct tape. That way if they have been tampered with it will be immediately obvious. We do this with the race car if it is going to be anywhere for any time without being very secure, in the shop or the enclosed etc. If someone drops some crud, oil , soap, whatever in your fuel system, it would be good to know before you turn the key and find out while you fry your motor or pumps or whatever.

And get a big pissed off dog or even a little one that barks alot, keep it in the RV with a baby moniter walkie talky thing. When the dog starts barking and you hear it on the moniter roll out, camera in one hand and catch the a holes. or sleep in it on they days you think they may hit ya.

Fight the good fight!

Like a stakeout!

Susyq619

Reaction
Man O man... I am sorry to read this! Ever thought 2 use a camera system? It may help. I know no one should have to use this at their own home but it seems like they won't stop until they get caught. It may be one of your neighbors. It has to be someone comfortable enough to keep coming back. You should be quiet about it for a few weeks and then set it up, they might think they have gotten away with it when BAM!
Tiny Pinhole Camera

Dude above has the right idea about the "sting operation" ~

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
do you have kids? you said that you didnt think it was kids because its used oil but maybe its a kid that has beef with one of your kids and he knows a mechanice that gives him the fluids or he is in auto shop class? you should ask your kids to ask around in school and chances are somebody will give some tips, you know people cant keep secrets

and nice underground sticker

200MPHTape

Reaction
This is a PUNK move by them!

I am glad to see the "Underground" sticker is still there!!!! If it gets removed I will understand. Aparantly these guys have never met an Underground member. If ya need me to dispatch the troops let me know!

Fight the good fight!

Like a stakeout!
Phhh, I will not remove ANY stickers!
I was throwing that pic up like a Rebel Flag, you can't fly an more.
It won't even be a fight, it will be more like a flyswatter hitting a fly!
The dog Idea, some nut would get me on cruelty to animals, even know it's already stocked for a dog, he has his own KTM bowls.

do you have kids? you said that you didnt think it was kids because its used oil but maybe its a kid that has beef with one of your kids and he knows a mechanice that gives him the fluids or he is in auto shop class? you should ask your kids to ask around in school and chances are somebody will give some tips, you know people cant keep secrets

and nice underground sticker
I got kids, it isn't any of them or friends. It is the one disgruntle a-hole that thinks "who knows?", or a tree hugger, that I shouldn't be parking there. And all of the condos were I park, NOT ONE WINDOW FACES THE STREET! Not even a front door, you would have to step out on the front walk way then look North. The side I park on is opposite side of the street from the condos, then there is a 20' hill, then a 6' wood fence. Standing on the sidewalk, next to the condos facing the motorhome, you see a little dirt then the fence.
s

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Go on E-Bay, buy a bear trap and put it on the lawn next to yer rig and wait for the scream!

Mumzy

Reaction
Put it in an RV storage facility.

murphco

Reaction
grab your cell phone and sleep in it,you dont have to confront anyone just call the sheriffs dept when/if it happens again.we had someone breaking into the repo yard so i spent 1 night in a repoed motorhome outside the fence and bam done deal.

steve0we

Reaction
being from redneck Texas, we have high quality deer cameras that are motion sensitive and take high quality photos in the dark at every Walmart and gas station. These work great mounted to your house aimed at the motorhome or stick it in your car parked in a good sport. They take a weeks worth of photos. We get deer and illegal aliens on them all the time!

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LUCK

MALIBLOC

Reaction
Vandalism is definately wrong, but parking a motorhome on the city streets is pretty annoying for any neighbor. Pay the 80-120 a month afor a storage yard and it keeps everyone happy. No one has the right to touch your stuff!

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Vandalism is definately wrong, but parking a motorhome on the city streets is pretty annoying for any neighbor. Pay the 80-120 a month afor a storage yard and it keeps everyone happy. No one has the right to touch your stuff!
Why should we/someone have to pay an extra $80-$100 more then already we already do with registration and insurance just like everyone else is suppose to.

Reaction
Why should we/someone have to pay an extra $80-$100 more then already we already do with registration and insurance just like everyone else is suppose to.
So you don't get oil in your water tank?

randy1123

Reaction
My opinion:
If you have a RV, trailer or project vehicles, put them in your driveway and have respect for your neighborhood. We can all park our stuff on the streets and "Have the Right" to do so, but this does not make it the right thing to do.
I have lots of stuff, and try not to park it on my street for more than a few hours.
It is just respectful.
When I buy new toys/haulers, I always consider storage before I buy it.
But....this is just my thinking, and these punks need to have the balls to face you.

Big question: Have you gotten nasty notes or been asked to move this by your neighbors? If not, they are punks. If so, then start looking at your neighbors and get that Deer camera, then find storage and keep the peace.