Contingency Sponsors

jcarius

Reaction
Rich,

Any idea what contingency sponsors will be supporting VORRA in 2003? I'm trying to get the car together for the season, and it does affect my purchase decisions...

Jim

Big_Rich

Reaction
Well I hate to say this but as of right now the only one we have is 76 fuels from CL Bryant.
Seems there were some problems in the past that were having a hard time over coming.

But we are still working on some businesses.

Sorry
Rich

www.vorra.com

NorCal_Prerunner

Reaction
Ae you telling me that the Racing Association I chose to race in this year has ONLY one contingency sponsor?
Very disapointing to hear. Regardless, I will race VORRA for the fun of it, but having contingency sponsors definatley helps the race teams keeping afloat.

It's never too late to be what you might have been....

curt

Reaction
Hey Rich what about even the ones we had last year?

Trick?
BF Goodrich?

Through Conner Racing
KC Lights
Mastercraft
American Racing
K&N Filters
MSD Ignitions

Lost over the years
Sway-A-Way
Baker Bearing
Denunzio
HM Bearing
Rancho
Dynomax

Could you provide an update on these specifically(contacted, not contacted, turned down, undecided etc)

Thanks, Curt

VORRA Class 7

NorCal_Prerunner

Reaction
Now that soulds like the list of contingency sponsors I want to hear. What happened with SAW? Where's DEAVER Springs, KING?

It's never too late to be what you might have been....

Big_Rich

Reaction
Conner was the one I contacted who told me the bad news.....

This was not a situation I am happy about.

Now the good news, we have Dave Albright coming back on board, he helped Ed about ten years ago then left to work for the SCCA. Dave will be working on getting the contingency program back on its feet.

BF Goodrich and I are working on a couple of things right now.

Trick should be there as always.

For the others we (dave and I) are meeting this weekend to put together a game plan, companies to contact, etc.

If you have any suggestions as far as companies you'd like to see, besides those already mentioned. please list here or e-mail them to me

Thanks and Sorry,
Rich

www.vorra.com

pciscott

Reaction
PCI will support Vorra as it has done in the past, good luck with the rest of them and sorry we can't make it North like we used to. With the amount of promoters around today it is tough for a small company to make it to all of them. I am there in spirit and next door via UPS. Send me your contingency form and I will sign PCI up for all the Vorra racers. I used to love the Virginia City race kind of made it a mini vacation. Good night.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

J_Dog

Reaction
Scott,
Thanks for stepping up to the plate. We Northern Cal racers know its hard for some of the Southern Cal businesses to get up here, but the internet and UPS sure help a lot. PCI has great customer service and has always treated us right and shipped our orders quickly. Thanks.

Jeff Matlock
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

J_Dog

Reaction
Rich,
Denunzio Racing Products lists VORRA on their website as a organiztaiton they provide contingency sponsorship for. Is this still true? If not, they would be a good resource as well.

Jeff Matlock
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA