Cool Driving Suit & Helmet

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Does anyone know where I can get a cool driving suit? I've heard that Pyrotech make the Nasa Suit which they claim is 24 degrees cooler than anything else out there. What I'm really looking for is a undersuit with some type of cooling system. I also know that Parker Pumper makes a cooling system that uses a cooler with their fresh air system but I have no place to put a cooler in my vehicle. Also if anyone know where to get a helmet with some cooling it, that would help a lot. Thanks

SDranger

Reaction
Hey Scott, I think it's a good idea that you wear a helmet at all times. lol But seriously, is this for your truck? Maybe you should try wearing an open face or motorcross style helmet.
Here is a suit i found that is really "cool"

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
jajaja that suit is for you Scotty :) Open face and close face makes a huge difference, if you are running with a windshield go open face for sure!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
if you have a windshield and have a closed face helmet with pumped air, will that make the helmet cooler?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
you dont want a cooler type helmet if you are running with no windshiled...the mosit ness of your face will cake up with dirt. As for a suit go with a sparco...they make big claims on there suits being breezy. ALso go with a white suit instead of a dark suit to reflect rather then absorb heat.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Paul,

The suit is not for me. Jerry Welchel, Riveria Trophy Truck Co-Driver, came in today and was looking for these suits. When I said cool suits, I meant temperature wise guy. Same thing for the helmet, so let me re-phase my question. Does anyone know about racing suits that lower body temperature while racing? The Primm race is coming soon so any info would be great.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
www.dmsrace.com

pciscott

Reaction
Kritter is that a dual piss tube, or a crotch cooler in the picture? As for cool the Nascar guys have an actual air conditioning system that cools the air 30 degrees and has a built in carbon Dioxide filter. The downfall of these systems is they draw 20 amps of power. I have some info at the shop if anyone is interested. The Primm race will be cool in September compared to Henderson. Stay cool!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
It s some kind of cooling system that goes throughout the suit. Check the link for more info.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
do the fresh air systems for full faced helmets cool the helmet down at all?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

JCA

Reaction
Only if you plumb it to a copper tube filled cooler with dryice or something like that. Otherwise it is just a fan with a filter.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

BlueCoyote

Reaction
One of my co-workers also owns this smallcompany.

www.icevest.com

It may work.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?
84 Toyota p/u Rokrawlr
86 4rnr
80 Toyota MDR Project

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
I wore a NASA II suit from PCI at the Kartek race and was very comfortable. I drove the entire race and was not as hot as I was in my old "1 1/2" layer suit in previous races.

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing