Cool new vintage Baja slot car racetrack sets!

77StroppeChaser

Reaction
Check out the new Baja Bronco slot car set being released this month that should surely make a killer present under the tree this year for some desert race fans (young or old)!

It has Broncos syled after Parnelli Jones' Big Oly and Crazy Colt (which was actually sponsored by Johnny Lighning which is a sister company of AutoWorld).

Parnelli piloted these with two other legends, Bill Stroppe and Al Unser.

As an owner of a really cool Stroppe built 77 Bronco and a long time fan of Parnelli Jones, I was stoked to see these were being made!

retroblazer

Reaction
I'm putting one under the Christmas for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

harleys dad

Reaction
I own over 1000 Slot cars, most 1/32and 1/24 scale, I use to have a huge track in my garage. I also collect complete sets and will ad one of these to my collection. If you want to see a video of my track look up on youtube Dave Hendricksons scalextric track. It is actually Carrera 1/24 track but I didnt make the video. Look it up you will be suprized how long it really is

77StroppeChaser

Reaction
I own over 1000 Slot cars, most 1/32and 1/24 scale, I use to have a huge track in my garage. I also collect complete sets and will ad one of these to my collection. If you want to see a video of my track look up on youtube Dave Hendricksons scalextric track. It is actually Carrera 1/24 track but I didnt make the video. Look it up you will be suprized how long it really is

Wow, that is impressive!

harleys dad

Reaction
Had some great races on that track, the biggest head ack was keeping it clean but once clean it had all kinds of different road race courses all in 1. with 8 20 ft straights built in and wiring everywhere so the cars never lost power. ton of fun and fun building it. Lots of trips to lowes for wood and chit load of track. I had a fire in my garage the electric garage door motor failed and dropped into the seats of my 2 seat 1600 when we were not home and nearly burnt my house down but the garage was smoked bad. I still have all the track in boxes, insurance paid off good on the track if I took it down so I did. Some day I may build another, I had a lot of fun with this one with my kids and dogs that went crazy trying to follow the cars