Cool skate site

MALIBLOC

sleestak.net or .com, old school skate site from mid west.

D4D

Concrete Disciples is the best site out there for old school guys and there is forum is a lot of fun. They have a lot of off road/desert guys on there too.

For more informative skate stuff with the old school twist check out Juice Magazine. They have been printing the title for over 10 years, it is tough to find on the newsstand but WELL worth it. Reminds me a lot of the good ol days when Thrasher was a real magazine. http://www.juicemagazine.com/

BGRANT

I keep my board and pads in my truck all the time since I can see the park from my site and I drive by it about ten times a day. Yestarday I drove by at 9:15 in the AM and it was empty so I figured I'd carve around for a few to blow off some steam. Evidently one of my knee pads stuck to my sons back pack when I dropped him off at school so I didn't pad up. I slammed hard! Always seems to happen when I am just cruising. I always wear the lid though. At 38 and 230 lbs. the concrete hurts way more than when your a teenager.

D4D

Bahaha....... That is the truth Grant, I never wore a helmet or pads as a kid put like you at 37 and 235lbs. every little falls hurts. I pad up to ride the 3' mini in my garage!

ace_photo

GET SOME
It's those little ramps that getcha!! Every time I get hurt skatin it's on a mini..

I've been ridin this thing down the street from my house when I can, though I'm lucky to get a scratch grinds in now. It's big but when you fall the transmission catches you. No straight to hip slam like you get on a mini. I love mini ramps but they always kick my ass..

Here's a few pics of the ramp, the twelve yr old kid who kills it and a few random shots of some of my friends..

Attachments

dan200

#BSF200
The Nude Bowl was a popular skateboarding locale from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. The name comes from the fact that the site was once a nudist resort named "Desert Gardens Ranch."

It was located outside Desert Hot Springs, California at 33°58′03″N 116°37′13″W / 33.967504°N 116.620163°W / 33.967504; -116.620163and consisted of an abandoned kidney bean shaped swimming pool and a few foundations of buildings that used to surround the area. There was no road to the Nude Bowl, so visitors had to travel through the desert. Initially, the Nude Bowl was merely a skateboarding party location, but by the 1990s, large parties and violence became commonplace there. After numerous complaints about guns and fighting around the Nude Bowl, the police filled it in with dirt. Skateboarders returned, removed the dirt, and repaired the bowl. After a few months, the police broke up the concrete and buried the remains of the bowl.

The history of the Nude Bowl is the subject of JFA's popular song "Nude Bowl Resurrection". The Palm Springs Skatepark contains a replica of the Nude Bowl, which is the most popular feature in the park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_Bowl

Attachments

ace_photo

GET SOME
The Nude Bowl was a popular skateboarding locale from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. The name comes from the fact that the site was once a nudist resort named "Desert Gardens Ranch."

It was located outside Desert Hot Springs, California at 33°58?03?N 116°37?13?W? / ?33.967504°N 116.620163°W? / 33.967504; -116.620163and consisted of an abandoned kidney bean shaped swimming pool and a few foundations of buildings that used to surround the area. There was no road to the Nude Bowl, so visitors had to travel through the desert. Initially, the Nude Bowl was merely a skateboarding party location, but by the 1990s, large parties and violence became commonplace there. After numerous complaints about guns and fighting around the Nude Bowl, the police filled it in with dirt. Skateboarders returned, removed the dirt, and repaired the bowl. After a few months, the police broke up the concrete and buried the remains of the bowl.

The history of the Nude Bowl is the subject of JFA's popular song "Nude Bowl Resurrection". The Palm Springs Skatepark contains a replica of the Nude Bowl, which is the most popular feature in the park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_Bowl

The NUUUDE!! Dude I've slept in the pool, seen a stripper party in the deep end and seen Dave Ruel abosolutley kill it along with several others at Peter Hewet's birthday parties he had there every year.. The Nude Friggin ruled!! I miss that place.. When I worked for Watson Laminates the bros and I went there every weekend to skate and party. Those were the days.. I have the footage somewhere..
Carve, Grind, Slash.. Very good- have a drink!!
I remember getting there one time and there was a burned out car in the pool.. We rented a chop saw and cut it up to get it out. It didn't take too long and we were skatin within a couple of hours.

To bad idiots killed it.....

RIP- The Nude Bowl

PBR

so i have been skating every tuesday night at the cove in santa monica since last september and having a blast getting back into it. it's me, my brother and a few really good friends every week, almost everyone there is over 30 and just there to have fun. well i haven't been in a few weeks because i slammed hard on my 1/4 pipe in the backyard, but the kicker is i wasn't even skating! i was brushing my teeth one morning and had to get the t-ball gear out of the garage when i stepped on the masonite covered ramp with my socks on! i slammed so freakin' hard i hit my head and rolled my ankle! all i could think of was what a retard i was and i hope someone saw that because it would have been hysterical! the ankle is still swollen but on the mend and i should be back next week.

ace_photo

GET SOME
so i have been skating every tuesday night at the cove in santa monica since last september and having a blast getting back into it. it's me, my brother and a few really good friends every week, almost everyone there is over 30 and just there to have fun. well i haven't been in a few weeks because i slammed hard on my 1/4 pipe in the backyard, but the kicker is i wasn't even skating! i was brushing my teeth one morning and had to get the t-ball gear out of the garage when i stepped on the masonite covered ramp with my socks on! i slammed so freakin' hard i hit my head and rolled my ankle! all i could think of was what a retard i was and i hope someone saw that because it would have been hysterical! the ankle is still swollen but on the mend and i should be back next week.
Dude thats awesome!! I laughed my ass off right now. We have to hook up sometime and go skate. It's been awhile for me. My knees can't take the abuse like they use too. Too many ACL surgery's, but I'm down to go rip it up..

BGRANT

Been skating every afternoon since the snow melted. The US Snow Board Team is located up here so there is always a bunch of OG rippers around. The USSA just built an indoor facility with some foam pits and an indoor bowl that they are going to let some of the groms use. Always a good vibe with those guys around. Theres 4 good parks located from 5-15 minutes away in either direction of the house. Kids damn are lucky these days!