• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cool Video Clips At Ocotillo on Halloween

fishd00d

What A Joke
I had my camera with me and I took some video of people jumping at Devil's Slide. There were 2 crashes and I got both of them on film! Heres a link to the page with all the clips.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/halloween.htm>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/halloween.htm</A>

Figures no one got my jump that broke the tortion on video!

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

those would be great videos if they were durring the day and in focus

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea tell me about it. Its really hard to film at night with no lights other than the headlights. I just figured to post them for the hell of it.

Go Big Or Go Home

jeff

I like the Audi crash clip... heheheh
What the heck is that shrill high pitch noise just before the Audi tags the Nissan?

Aloha

fishd00d

What A Joke
The noise is a chick in the AUDI screaming right when they come over the hill and see the truck heh. Needless to say she didnt go for another ride after that :)

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

That's my Explorer on the 4th one labeled "group of friends jumping". If I had known that was you I would have said hey. Sorry I didn't jump it, wait till next Halloween, it'll be ready. I also had 8 people in it when we cruised by. I saw that Ranger everywhere this weekend. Saw it at Blow Sands Friday night, out at Shell Reef on Sat. in fact I looked at it when it was parked up on the ridge to the right of the hill and you guys were watching that RM jump the dub. across the face, also watched you guy jump some little ridge to the left of the big hill at Shell Reef with like 4 people crammed in the cab. You guys were camped in Holmes right? That thing stands out with those bright ass coilovers.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea it looked like you had a lot of people in there! I wasent there when they were at Shell Reef. Thats my friend Mike on the RM, the new one right, 2002? Hes pretty crazy. The guy with the ranger bombs that thing huh. I dont know how he dosent crash! Yes we were camped at Holms. We will be there this weekend too!

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Yeah that guy on the RM was hitting some big [censored] and that Ranger looked like it does really good in the dirt. I'm hopping to get out there for at least a day run this weekend but I'm not sure yet. I'd like to go for the whole weekend but we'll see once it gets closer. Are you the one that broke the torsions on your truck? I'll keep my eyes open for you if I make it out this weekend. Will that Ranger be there again? If so it'll be easy to spot it. Keep your eyes open for my Explorer or a Yellow YZ 400. There's not too many all yellow 4 strokes with desert tanks running around out there. Especially with riders in blue shorts with bright red knee braces.

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea that was me who broke it heh. Did you see me brake it? Did we get pretty far down the slide?

Yes the Ranger will be there this weekend too. I am not sure if I will be with him or not. I am going with some different friends, look for a big white T100 with a huge bumper on the front. We will be camping at Holms.

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Cool, I'll keep my eyes open. I didn't really see you actually hit the jump. We weren't paying attention but we did hear a loud pop and heard a bunch of cheering. Then saw your ride sorta limp to a stop. Sounded like the reaction you got meant you must have gone pretty big. I'll definately keep an eye open for the T100, you don't see too many with prerunner bars on them. What's your name bro? Never mind, checked your profile.

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sirhk100 on 10/29/01 11:12 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea I wish someone would have gotten it on video heh. I hit it pretty fast. Just wait till next time! Hope to see ya out there this weekend!

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea I know :( It sucks its on the same weekend that like ALL of my friends are going to Ocotillo! I was thinking of driving up to Barstow on Saturday for the race then going back to Ocotillo :) Thats a lot of gas $$$ and driving but it might be worth it huh. Hmmmm....

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Austin, did you happen to notice a lot of trucks got F'ed up this weekend. I saw 4 of them that had gone all the way over and the cab was destroyed. Did you see the Ranger that rolled half way up the main hill at Shell Reef? That thing was trashed and I heard the driver got injured pretty bad. One of my friends had a quad hit his truck head on in the wash below Blow Sands and the rider was determined drunk and went to the hospital with a compound break in his arm. Messed up my friends truck pretty bad. Also heard about some kid on a quad that hit a Bronce over by where you were camped on Sat. afternoon, heard they life flighted that kid. Hope he's okay if that's true!! Was it me or did it seem like more stuff got destroyed this weekend then previous ones, or maybe I just happened to actually see most of it somehow? I like holiday weekends for the entertainment but usually mellow out on my bike cause I don't want to get hurt cause some idiot hit me or wasn't paying attention!!

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Don't worry Frank I will be at the MDR race to shoot video. Fish is going to go break more parts on his toyota! J/K fish....

Tony<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Tigger on 10/29/01 01:18 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

John Bitting

Administrator
Tony get a lot of video of Franks 5 open, especially on the first two laps, I heard he will have a special co-driver..

rdc

Oh yeah??? Who might that be???? I plan on getting everyone. Will have two cameras rolling so I should get some good stuff.

Tony

rdc

Not sure yet. I plan to prerun the course on Friday and pick the best spot to be.

Tony