Coolest Day Ever

handmethemic

Reaction
So I was kickin' it at Crandon International, where I work full time cutting grass and things like that. Robby Gordon was there testing (too late to catch him now, he's out of town as of tonight...) his Pro-2WD but I was largely uninterested.

I looked up from the piece of trim I was painting to see a truck drive past, Montana plates. I thought to myself "huh, that guy sort of looked like Jack Flannery..." and continued painting. Finally the curiosity got to me and I drove into the pits to see that indeed it was Jack himself, along with Jamie and Jed and a few others.

A small crowd of people (mostly track employees) had now gathered near Robby's hauler to see the spectacle of Jack Flannery and Robby Gordon standing face to face once again after all these years. Robby came out of the trailer and immediately recognized Jack standing amongst the crowd of people, walked straight to him and shook his hand. The two then talked away from the group for a few minutes, then Jack and Jamey admired RG's truck for awhile.

RG took a few laps while Jack was there and we all watched it from the log building inside Turn One.

Nothing notable was said but simply standing near Jack gave me goosebumps, and it was nothing short of awe-inspiring to see two of the sport's greatest drivers of all time standing face to face, at Crandon, where it all got started.

Here's a picture to prove that it happened. I snapped the pic on my cellphone but you can easily tell it's RG and if you know what Jack looks like you can tell it's him too.

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
Wish I'd have been there for that....

bomber

Reaction
Sounds like an amazing moment, right place at the right time. Glad you got to experience that and shared it with us.