Cooling system plumbing type and size

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Got the parts to set up our new cooling system lines. These -20 BMRS fittings are legit. Thanks to Paul Horschel for the parts to get this project done. Pretty crazy the dude has all these fittings in stock. best part about having Paul help us is getting to go to his shop and see how legit is trucks and operation are. Super cool.

Mike

IMG_4706.jpeg
IMG_4707.jpeg
IMG_4708.jpeg

Advertising supports this site

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
Gotta wonder how much heat those long hoses are going to keep vs aluminum hard lines ??

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Gotta wonder how much heat those long hoses are going to keep vs aluminum hard lines ??

Yeah good question. Most of the lines were steel when we got the truck but when we switched to the LT1 we changed about 3/4 of it to aluminum.

We do not have a cooling issue now and our current tubes are a mess from a flow standpoint so I think these will move more water.

If we have a issue we can swap our fans to the new brushless fans that move a lot more air. But I think we will be good. Lots of higher HP engines with braided line with -20 and -16.

But you are right it’s a risk. We have had poor cooling and had to lift at the end of long full
Power pulls like on a dry lake bed. But now with our scoop dialed we don’t have that problem.

We will be testing the truck in Johnson valley in early June so we will know right away if we have a problem.

Mike

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
It is possible to be moving the water to fast through the radiator.

I don’t think so. Our system is good and does a good job cooling. Most of the time it’s barely over 200. And max is 230. So that’s pretty decent.

I don’t think these lines will make it worse and may make it better. But we are making the change to get rid of all the silicon and hoes clamps. We have about 20 points of failure on our current system.

With AN and one single hose from engine to radiator and back it will be much more reliable and easier to change the engine. Right now a engine was is a mess with the mess of tubes and clamps

And i have seen a lot of trucks days ended with holes in aluminum cooling lines. Last year Cameron and this year Kyle. Is tough to watch those guys struggle with a thing like that.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
What's causing the holes?

Kyle had a belt go and while changing the belt they damaged the cooling line and it got a hole. At least that’s how I understand it.

In Baja Cameron had a rock put a hole in the cooling hard line.

Both of those would not have happened with braided SS line.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
What will keep the AN fittings from corroding and seizing up...??? Asking for a friend....

Dude. I may have to put you on ignore so I don’t have to keep getting exposed to your stupidity. I get dumber every post of yours I read.

Yeah AN fitting are so bad. Better tell all the other race cars out there to not use them.

Mike

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Dude. I may have to put you on ignore so I don’t have to keep getting exposed to your stupidity. I get dumber every post of yours I read.

Yeah AN fitting are so bad. Better tell all the other race cars out there to not use them.

Mike
Fish was right about you....

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
LOL seriously? Haha

Sounds like you need to build race trucks. You have it all figured out.

At this point it’s hard for me not to think you are just trolling me. Nobody is this dumb.

Mike

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
ding
ding
ding hey , I've got da sheeet, anti seize on the threads, then slather water proof / boat trailer grease all over mating surfaces👍⭐( it should read a' rock in your crack pipe' Greeny!😄👌💨

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
LOL seriously? Haha

Sounds like you need to build race trucks. You have it all figured out.

At this point it’s hard for me not to think you are just trolling me. Nobody is this dumb.

Mike

So you think making a shield to protect an exposed pipe is dumb.....
I actually do have things figured out when it comes to automotive and off road racing.....
Maybe not the latest in racing engine technology, but then you are a turnkey guy so you are only parroting what your builders tell you..
You are missing the basics in automotive design.....
If I prepped your truck you would finish and possibly win....
You can pay me after you finish a race....
Otherwise you will remain a looser......

Last edited:

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
ding
ding
ding hey , I've got da sheeet, anti seize on the threads, then slather water proof / boat trailer grease all over mating surfaces👍⭐( it should read a' rock in your crack pipe' Greeny!😄👌💨

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner..... I doubt if Pyle knows what white lead is.... He will have to google that one.... LOL...!!!
Here's a hint....

1653059973617.png

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Turnkey? Huh we don’t use them.

And my engine builder is GM, like most spec trucks. LOL

White lead, you mean Anti Seize? LOL

My grandpa would call paved roads oiled roads. Confused everyone when he would say go down the road and turn onto the oiled road off to the right. People would look at him and I would have to translate and say he means Paved roads.

How old are you Green? I am starting to think you are really old or in a coma for a long time and just woke up. If you keep thinking I am young at 50 you must be like 90.

Mike

Last edited:

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
oiled with waste oil loaded with pcb's, what didnt kill the kids playing in that stuff made them stronger👍

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Turnkey? Huh we don’t use them.

And my engine builder is GM, like most spec trucks. LOL

White lead, you mean Anti Seize? LOL

My grandpa would call paved roads oiled roads. Confused everyone when he would say go down the road and turn onto the oiled road off to the right. People would look at him and I would have to translate and say he means Paved roads.

How old are you Green? I am starting to think you are really old or in a coma for a long time and just woke up. If you keep thinking I am old at 50 you must be like 90.

Mike

I'm 68, in two years I can go back to work in the union movie industry and still keep my social security and pension, plus $60.00 per hour to sit around deal with the children that want to learn.... You're Grandpa was right..... If I told you to bring me a "dog's dick" out of the tool box, would you mutilate your pet....???

1653060991249.png

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
oiled with waste oil loaded with pcb's, what didnt kill the kids playing in that stuff made them stronger👍

My dad would put used motor oil in a 55 gallon drum. When it got full we would put it in the back of the truck with a big long spray nozzle he made to spray the oil over 8ft wide. I would sit in the back and he would tell me when to turn on the valve while we drove. We lived on a long dirt road. He did this to keep the dust down. Haha

This was in California no less. He still lives there and the road is still dirt. But looks more like the dirt track at a sprint car race at the end of the night. Hard and shiny.

Mike