Coronavirus? What Events Next..

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com

redline

RDC Crypto
A local Tap room here in Oceanside posted that they aren’t closing until it’s mandatory. Since he ASKED bars to close. Nothing enforced yet.

I think there is probably quite a few small owner businesses that are going to have the same reaction. Because once they close their doors, who know how long it will be until they are allowed to get income flowing again.

Advertising supports this site

brad inch

RDC Crypto
people like me over 65 must stay in your house. fing really,here we go.how many people have jobs they need to go to,alot!!! but yet we a our state wants to open the borders.

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
RDC'ers hoarding in San Bernardino....

1584330393383.png

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
"I think they call it a glock" 🤣 some guy waiting in a gun store line being interviewed for brietbart news, a Doctor!, says he has a home & family to protect!!, ( from What??) get a 410 pump, buddy ,the glock aint gonna do ya No good!!!( ' gun sales surge' brietbart news)

Last edited:

SolaidJeff

RDC Crypto
We are scheduled to attend / participate in this years NORRA 1000.........does anyone have good intel on if this event will go on as planned ?
We are traveling from a far away place and need to figure out how ( or if ) airline cancellations are necessary with enough time to not get raped by the airline industry.
Any good intel would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.....
I just got back from Daytona for the 200. After qualifying first and setting a new track record the event was postponed!!! At ATL the gate agents were talking about travel restriction coming soon. Your travel may get jacked up even if the event is a go. Crazy times!!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Kind of related but also maybe not exactly but watching this week unfold and the dailogue that is captured here made me think about how the archived pages of RDC and other forums out there end up being a little bit of a time capsule for the moments we're living in. Kind of weird to think that over the last 10-15 years or whatever all of these crazy things we've lived through all are captured here in these threads.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com

aburruss

RDC Crypto
@CHINOLAS , What is NORRA's response or approach to the "National Decree of Safe distancing" that is mentioned in SCORE's announcement of delaying the 250? I'd think that the first couple days of tech and the start of the Mexican 1000 would fall under these guidelines/restrictions

From COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico:

• The Mexican Ministry of Education has closed all schools from March 20 until April 20.
  • Between March 23 and April 19, the Mexican government has declared a social-distancing campaign consisting of four pillars.
  1. Take basic preventative measures: wash your hands, avoid handshakes and kisses, and stay home if you are sick.
  2. Suspend non-essential public-sector, private-sector, and social activities. Employees who can telework should do so. Public transit will remain operational.
  3. Organizers of large events with more than 5,000 attendees will reschedule or postpone them.
  4. Protect the elderly and vulnerable.

dhjeepgeek

RDC Crypto
Bummer NORRA. Registration is the April 18th and start is the 19th.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Even if, by some miracle, this thing takes care of itself in the next few weeks and we are allowed to gather enough people together to have a race, it’s going to be very difficult for myself and I’m sure a lot of other people to get their stuff ready. The mayor just pretty much put San Diego on lockdown. You’re not going to get arrested if you leave your house and travel around, but it’s definitely going to have an impact on our ability to prep for this race. Furthermore, I have to take vacation to race this thing every year, and if we just slide the race into another month I have no idea whether I could get the time off to go down. If that weren’t enough, as an airline pilot I have no idea what my paycheck is going to be looking like going forward. So I might not be too keen on spending money that I don’t have to spend right now.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Even if, by some miracle, this thing takes care of itself in the next few weeks and we are allowed to gather enough people together to have a race, it’s going to be very difficult for myself and I’m sure a lot of other people to get their stuff ready. The mayor just pretty much put San Diego on lockdown. You’re not going to get arrested if you leave your house and travel around, but it’s definitely going to have an impact on our ability to prep for this race. Furthermore, I have to take vacation to race this thing every year, and if we just slide the race into another month I have no idea whether I could get the time off to go down. If that weren’t enough, as an airline pilot I have no idea what my paycheck is going to be looking like going forward. So I might not be too keen on spending money that I don’t have to spend right now.
The expendable income hit from all this is definitely going to impact racing for a while too. I’m Erwin economy, potential downturn in people’s financial situations...