• Forum membership has its advantages....

Coronavirus? What Events Next..

Klaus

Administrator
Just finished my morning walk. What I noticed is that its very quiet and peaceful outside. I encourage everyone to do the same if they deem it to be safe and legal.

On my path two people practiced social distancing where one walked off the sidewalk onto the street as I approached and another neighbor always kept his 6 or whatever feet away from me. He is the more cautious type of my neighbors. No offense taken.

The rest of the people I encountered where all upbeat. Smile. Noticeable aware of the situation we are all in yet had the confident look in their eyes. Positivity.

In my world and from my observations in life mind and body is actually one and there is little separation. I have read plenty of stories where people thought themself into actual death when there was no actual danger and also the opposite where people overcame extreme physical hardship where many others die simply through their mind. See people like Wim Hoff to learn more about that.

The way I deal with the CV19/Reset-20 is through staying in a high vibrational state. I absolutely know that I will be ok at the end and so will you especially once you know and believe it.

---
There are two CV19 threads on RDC. This one and the one in purple. This one is reserved for peoples personal encounters. Racing Industry related affects. Positive outlooks. Service to others.

The purple one has no restrictions. We will now move any post from this threat that is political and contains finger pointing to anything but the biological virus itself into the Purple equivalent of this thread.

Thank you.

green787

Update to the 2500 dead number in Italy. One more day and the toll has gone up by 475 to almost 3000.
Almost like a 747 full of old people crashing every day.....

Sorry Zambo.... that was insensitive.... 747's don't crash anymore anyway.....:oops:

Last edited:

Baja Belk

I think it's fair for NORRA to wait out the end of this week, but I think they should make a formal decision at that point. The drastic measures taken might show a tapering off in the next few days and hint toward a return to normalcy 2-3-4 weeks from now. Or, things might continue to escalate at their current rate, and I think at that point, health concerns aside, it's no longer fair to string out the racers with more uncertainty. Postpone the race and re-focus your efforts on rescheduling to a date that makes sense. It's better to cancel now, rather than hold out for 2 more weeks, only to be shut down against your will by either government, at the last second. What are the odds the April 19th end-date of Mexico's quarantine is NOT going to be pushed back at all? Probably slim.

Trust me, all I want in the world right now is to be drinking a margarita and eating tacos at the finish line of day 3 in Loreto. For the last 10 days I've been saying "Man I hope NORRA doesn't get cancelled". But things have changed quickly, and now there are a ton of hurdles to overcome in order to have a healthy entry list (pun not intended) and a stress-free race. Shops are closed, roads may be closed soon, probably borders....a lot of racers are small business owners with way more on their mind than prepping for a race. It may be logistically impossible for some teams to get their car, chase resources, and crews put together and ready. Personally, my kid is home without a school to go to, and my wife is working from home with an even larger workload than normal. I can't picture myself leaving the country for an entire week without being around to help out. Regardless of your stance on the actual health implications of this thing, life in general is now a giant logistical nightmare, whether you think it's all a big government over-reaction or not. This is our new reality, and it's going to be hard to commit to a giant event a month from now, with so much uncertainty in between.

Just my opinion. I really really want to race, but I would prefer to race at a later date, rather than race against no one, or miss out on the race entirely because I couldn't make it work to get there.

Eliseo - I know I could have emailed you directly, but I'm curious what others think of this stance. Hopefully more intelligent and curated answers than "IT'S JUST THE FLU", or "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE". Unfortunately I'm not holding out hope in that regard.

- Mike Belk

CHINOLAS

I think it's fair for NORRA to wait out the end of this week, but I think they should make a formal decision at that point. The drastic measures taken might show a tapering off in the next few days and hint toward a return to normalcy 2-3-4 weeks from now. Or, things might continue to escalate at their current rate, and I think at that point, health concerns aside, it's no longer fair to string out the racers with more uncertainty. Postpone the race and re-focus your efforts on rescheduling to a date that makes sense. It's better to cancel now, rather than hold out for 2 more weeks, only to be shut down against your will by either government, at the last second. What are the odds the April 19th end-date of Mexico's quarantine is NOT going to be pushed back at all? Probably slim.

Trust me, all I want in the world right now is to be drinking a margarita and eating tacos at the finish line of day 3 in Loreto. For the last 10 days I've been saying "Man I hope NORRA doesn't get cancelled". But things have changed quickly, and now there are a ton of hurdles to overcome in order to have a healthy entry list (pun not intended) and a stress-free race. Shops are closed, roads may be closed soon, probably borders....a lot of racers are small business owners with way more on their mind than prepping for a race. It may be logistically impossible for some teams to get their car, chase resources, and crews put together and ready. Personally, my kid is home without a school to go to, and my wife is working from home with an even larger workload than normal. I can't picture myself leaving the country for an entire week without being around to help out. Regardless of your stance on the actual health implications of this thing, life in general is now a giant logistical nightmare, whether you think it's all a big government over-reaction or not. This is our new reality, and it's going to be hard to commit to a giant event a month from now, with so much uncertainty in between.

Just my opinion. I really really want to race, but I would prefer to race at a later date, rather than race against no one, or miss out on the race entirely because I couldn't make it work to get there.

Eliseo - I know I could have emailed you directly, but I'm curious what others think of this stance. Hopefully more intelligent and curated answers than "IT'S JUST THE FLU", or "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE". Unfortunately I'm not holding out hope in that regard.

- Mike Belk
Mike it is with a really heavy heart that we will have to postpone our event, I will post an announcement here in a few minutes, border is getting crazy and we do not want to risk anyone, also it does not feel right to do the event at this tough times.

volks 73

Well said... Its not a matter of if its bad or not. The reality is what we are seeing and living. Hell I was just on the 405 freeway in OC doing 80 MPH and could have driven as fast as I wanted. Up to Sunday I was still very exited about April 19, since then reality has set in. I think I understand NORRA's position on holding on to the hope as long as they can ,but stringing us on longer then this weekend is pretty rough. I personally would like to know whats happening and start to re direct my efforts in that direction. I would be all in for an October run down the peninsula. April is getting a little iffy .

volks 73

Mike it is with a really heavy heart that we will have to postpone our event, I will post an announcement here in a few minutes, border is getting crazy and we do not want to risk anyone, also it does not feel right to do the event at this tough times.
Eliseo This must have been a very difficult decision, I hate that we are in this situation but do think it is the right decision for everyone.
Thanks

Last edited:

Baja Belk

Eliseo, I completely sympathize how difficult of a decision that must have been. However, I think making a firm decision at all is in the best interest of everyone, and I think the only definitive decision you could have made right now, is to postpone it. I'm bummed, but relieved. This just means you'll have to throw a bigger and badder event down the road, and I can't wait.

CHINOLAS

Eliseo, I completely sympathize how difficult of a decision that must have been. However, I think making a firm decision at all is in the best interest of everyone, and I think the only definitive decision you could have made right now, is to postpone it. I'm bummed, but relieved. This just means you'll have to throw a bigger and badder event down the road, and I can't wait.
Oh My God, that means we need to make a Bigger Awards Celebration ???, now I do have something to do LOL.

green787

For those of you who don't have me on ignore...... I think the promoters need to figure out a way to have off road racing without all the human to human contact..... I guess the party is over.... but I think the RACE should go on..... You're not going to spread the virus going across the dezert at 100mph +..... Most drivers are young these days..... I just think I would rather sit here and watch some of these great LIVE off road broadcasts we've seen lately as compared to nearly anything else..... Seems like an opportunity....

Klaus

Administrator
For those of you who don't have me on ignore...... I think the promoters need to figure out a way to have off road racing without all the human to human contact..... I guess the party is over.... but I think the RACE should go on..... You're not going to spread the virus going across the dezert at 100mph +..... Most drivers are young these days..... I just think I would rather sit here and watch some of these great LIVE off road broadcasts we've seen lately as compared to nearly anything else..... Seems like an opportunity....
What multiplayer racing game is everyone playing ?

J BomBer

virus isn’t the problem it’s the economy, the MORE race was moved because people were dropping out cause of money.

green787

virus isn’t the problem it’s the economy, the MORE race was moved because people were dropping out cause of money.
Scary JBombs...... I remember when the combination of the Baldwins dying and the MDR disaster, off roading took a big hit on the "trending" scene.... Took a long time to get it back to this height of fan base.... Now... I don't know.... It was always a hobby for me.... I can't imagine having to win a race to feed my family.....

jon coleman

i just hope some way to get offroad desert racing back as close to its roots, camping out, chasing for your buddy/ co worker- boss, ect, working hard & praying someday to co ride the bk1, then, maybe Actually racing it, we'll all get through this, im going out to plaster city and try out my 81' 17-4 ( pinned& recessed);)

J BomBer

Scary JBombs...... I remember when the combination of the Baldwins dying and the MDR disaster, off roading took a big hit on the "trending" scene.... Took a long time to get it back to this height of fan base.... Now... I don't know.... It was always a hobby for me.... I can't imagine having to win a race to feed my family.....
we were fully committed on going, but before Tuesday was over 7 1600 cars dropped out and many others in different classes