• Forum membership has its advantages....

Coronavirus? What Events Next..

green787

we were fully committed on going, but before Tuesday was over 7 1600 cars dropped out and many others in different classes
Yep.... I had to look up images of the 1600 class.... Brutal.... VW parts are getting scarce also......
Here's a quote from my facebook page for those who wonder what I'm really like.....

I'm so mad.... but it's ok because the Gov sends me a bunch of money every month for my psychosis.... And now on the 1st of April, I will receive my first IBEW pension check that I worked for 38 years in the slave camps of the Motion Picture Industry..... I wrote the test.... If you want to work as an electrician, sound engineer, or air conditioning tech, in the movie industry (union) you have to pass my written and hands on exam....
I planned on off roading in my Toyota and riding my Honda CR500 until they find me dead in the dezert....
Every off road race has been cancelled, and I just don't see how I can avoid getting this virus for 18 months, let alone 18 days here in the city.... I probably contracted it today in line at the Hell store entertaining the sherriffs.....
Question: WTF am I supposed to do now????????????

ekozy39

CBP Border Crossing update: After a serious evaluation it has been determined that the San Ysidro and Otay Port of Entry will start special operational hours. Beginning tomorrow only U.S. Citizens a U.S. Permanent Residents will be able to cross through special automobile and pedestrian gates, which will be reduced to a 20% capacity. For the moment, we will begin with a 24 hour schedule and will be reduced depending on the ongoing daily advance of the current situation. Please log on to the cbp website for updated information. U.S. Customs and Border Protection | Securing America's Borders

michael.gonzalez

"The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. "

J BomBer

Most of you in California probably saw Newsom’s speech tonight. Here’s a link to the info. I’m guessing allot of the events that were rescheduled for April/May will have to be pushed back farther now.
yea at this point I’m not holding my breath for any event in the next two months, this thing is still in its beginning stages and it’s only going to get worse.

Bro_Gill

Curtis, I think passed one month, we are not going to reschedule much of that, those events will simply be gone. Can you imagine what it would take for teams to do the San Felipe 320 in June, the 500 in August, the 400 in October and the 1000 in November? We have to face reality, desert races are going to be less this year.

J Prich

Definitely going to have a big impact. Beyond just scheduling. Depending on how the economy reacts over the next 4-6 months, it could have a huge impact on people's ability to justify racing expenses even when we're back to "normal".

green787

So..... Apparently BAYER is cooking up a batch of about 50million doses of this "game changer" (POTUS) party pill so we can ALL get back to dancing at the bars....!!!!! And the President doesn't want people investing in stocks based on what's happening at the press briefings..... so..... don't anybody buy BYR...... Yeeeee Haaaaaw......!!!!!!!!🤩🤩🤩.

Last edited:

Zambo

Definitely going to have a big impact. Beyond just scheduling. Depending on how the economy reacts over the next 4-6 months, it could have a huge impact on people's ability to justify racing expenses even when we're back to "normal".
I will be frankly ecstatic if things have returned to enough normalcy that I can race NORRA in October. The virus may be under control but the rebuilding of the economy will still be a massive work in progress. Let’s face it, off roading is a leisure activity. Leisure activities are the last things people spend money on when they aren’t doing well.

Bro_Gill

I will be frankly ecstatic if things have returned to enough normalcy that I can race NORRA in October. The virus may be under control but the rebuilding of the economy will still be a massive work in progress. Let’s face it, off roading is a leisure activity. Leisure activities are the last things people spend money on when they aren’t doing well.
Could you explain that theory to all the Spring Breakers in Florida? I think they need the education.

Robin Hood

What is it like in CA? Is it the same toe to tip or is the north and south environments different?

michael.gonzalez

LA and SF seem to be similarly impacted. Although many Jeffersonians would scoff at the fact that SF is considered "Northern California".

In between, it seems to be very localized from my personal experience.

IE. I work in expensive-Santa Barbara (everyone panicked and hoarded) but live an hour away in cheaper-Lompoc (much less panic).

jon coleman

spring break is on!, wNs is a frikken zooooo, no school?, 'Moooooommmm!!, i wanna go surfing'!!!ok little jimmy, see if some of your friends want to go to the beach also.....😖

Bro_Gill

LA and SF seem to be similarly impacted. Although many Jeffersonians would scoff at the fact that SF is considered "Northern California".

In between, it seems to be very localized from my personal experience.

IE. I work in expensive-Santa Barbara (everyone panicked and hoarded) but live an hour away in cheaper-Lompoc (much less panic).
When I traveled the State for work every year, I heard several different versions of where Northern and Southern California were. For the guys from San Diego, Orange, LA, Berdoo and Riverside counties, they all said Northern California started north of the Grapevine and Cajon pass. Most folks in the southern San Joaquin Valley said Socal started at Tehachapi. The guys in Jefferson said Socal started at the line drawn from Marin over to Tahoe. The guys in San Francisco said Socal started in Santa Cruz. And the guys in Mexico say Norte California starts at the border!

johndjmix

Corona has a cycle, just look at china....a few months and it will be gone. China has no new cases at all for days now, and business's there are opening back up and returning to normal. Just hang in there guys. VERY VERY good time to work on your race vehicle. Ive done so much to 6013 since this thing started its crazy. Free time after work is a good thing to have!

Im lucky to be in one of those business's that thrives in this situation (We sell mostly online), sales are way up! But for others, if there is anything myself, or Wild Power Sports can do to help, let me know. Always ready to help any of you pain in the ass's =))). Even if it means shipping product for you. Just let me know.

--John