CORR at Antigo

hoeker

Reaction
Saturday was some great racing at antigo, WI. Pro-2 was the closest finish i've ever seen with Renezeder holding taylor off by less than half a truck. Douglas won in Pro-4 and kincaid was back in victory lane in pro-lite. sporty 2 was dan baudoux, and stock was jef lutzow, both for the first time this season.
We were rained out on sunday, and will have to make up that round later.

the zip file attached has the results from all the classes and the points totals.

the Superlift Ford hit the track for the first time, but went out early with a nuked transmission.
We were really looking forward to sundays race with the truck showing great speed, and handling. We'll be ready for the checkers at Crandon.

www.rosshoek.com

Attachments

hoeker

Reaction
barlow must not have been ready to tangle it up with the big boys because he elected to start in back, didn't really pay attention to him because of the excellent race up front, but everybody noticed when his transmission went up in a pretty nice fire. i asked him about it latter, but don't recall what he said happend.

my launch felt great, but the trans was like nuetral the first time i hit third gear( middle of the front stretch) i did have a truck length over the guy who started next to me. it was an encouraging launch to say the least.

we went out and tried to destroy our backup trans today and couldn't even get it hot, unfortunately we hurt the engine, at least my backup engine is done and we have a lot of time to crandon. we'll be there with both engines and 2 new trannys, maybe 3 so we're sure to have one for the governors cup. i can't wait to see how this thing hangs with taylor and renezeder. we should be short 150HP
, but we're 500 lbs lighter
, so all we can do is try.

mnotary feal free to add in the buggy finishes, i don't know any of you guys and have all i can do to remember the truck finishes.

www.rosshoek.com

MNotary

Reaction
"barlow must not have been ready to tangle it up with the big boys " .....yea those guys from out West...

Nuetral into the second jump and turn 1...?? That must have been a bummer... At least everyone would be gone by the time you leave the track at two..... The barriers on the way out of the track have eaten a few suspensions..

I am stiiilllll working on the new car, not even there yet...... I am thinking to hit a few other races (Michigan or Illinois) to make up for missing these....

Crandon...just another track now... the new Crandon track is now missing one of the best turns in racing...and the 180 at the end of the back straight was a good passing spot. Antigo is the best "race" track now...a little configuration change to use all of 1 and 2 or all of 3 and 4 would make it killer....

When you first started your new truck, I thought it would be a push to get it done in time...especially doing all the work "yourself".

hoeker

Reaction
yea, Crandons kind of a bummer without that hairpin, it IS good for the spectators, but the config change took a little away from the excitement from racing there. at least they kept it for the challenge races.

the new truck could have been easily done in time if financing were not an issue, unfortunately it's pretty major at this level, but the biggest challenge was coming up with an engine program and developing a superior chassis design at the same time. took me 5 months start to the first race, not all bad for a first try at an unlimited truck. the new truck for next winter should go better, everything is for sale.

www.rosshoek.com