CORR +Baldwins

17fan

Reaction
Are the Baldwins as hard on equipment in the desert as they are in the CORR races? In the Governor's Cup in Crandon last week they both exhibited the inability to keep the body panels on. It's great to have more trucks in the pro division but drivers don't like to have to fix their rides after every race. Any thoughts?

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Much Much Harder! Man do they know how to do a yardsale! They seem to kill one truck a race lately! (except for nv1k)

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

sincitysump

Reaction
Im not real sure but I think they have a constucion company in Cal.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
As I recall from a cousin........

The Baldwin family business, Baldwin Construction, builds/ was building alot of the newer big tract homes around the So-cal area.
Jim had a friend with a class 1 car and went for a ride. He was hooked! They had the 3 Chenowths built for fun, then realized how much they were into ($) them. So Jim, Jason, and Carl Renezeder (son -in-law, I believe)
all went racing. They moved from Class 1 to TT's, and the rest is history.

Am I F.O.S? Nope. My cousin Mark Manzanares went to HS in Barstow with Lee Perfect (Baldwin PPI, and now the crew chief w/ Herman's TT)
My facts may not be in order, but that is my recollection.

My apologies if I have mis-stated, or made any mistakes in this post......Time for a Red Bull!

-Gabe

dave

Reaction
Gabe you forgot one ........ Josh Baldwin and the 1600 car back when they had all the class one cars. Other then that you nailed it brother :)

Tom_Willis

Reaction
The Baldwins are descendants of "Lucky" Baldwin. He built horse racing tracks on the East coast, then came to what is now Arcadia and built the Santa Anita race track. He owned and lived on what is now the L A County Arboretum on "Baldwin" Avenue. They are probably the biggest private land owners in California, most of it will one day be new home tracts. A few years ago the L A Times business section mentioned that they filed for chapter 13(?) protection from bankruptcy, due to a quarter of a billion in tax liability. The article stated their assets were valued at two thirds of a billion........ Yup, Billion. As in Donald Trump Billionaire Billion. They have more money than god.

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: ". A few years ago the L A Times business section mentioned that they filed for chapter 13(?) protection from bankruptcy"

That's certainly true. I received notices from the bankruptcy court back in the mid to late 90's as I recall. They didn't owe me any money at the time but since we had prior business dealings the lawyers put us on the list.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."