• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR Chula Vista Home Run!

napaman

CORR definitely needs more permanent courses like chula vista. The track was crazy for the buggies. So many cars and alot of cars that didn't work on the jumps at all. Definitely a course that I would love to race on all season long.

Jimmy Thumbs up Buddy:)

J.COLEMAN

Great event but it needs more seating! Standing room only doesn't cut it!

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
It looks as if a rock got in between the timing belt and gear and caused it to jump time trashing the head. Fortunately we got it rebuilt overnight and dished out a whipp'n on those boys on Sunday.
During the week the talk was wondering if they would get the turn out that Pomona had. appears to have Killed it. I have to believe Corr will have more grandstands and parking at the next one. They have 3 or 4 months to get it done.
As a driver it was an unbelievable feeling to be sitting in staging and looking out at the packed stands, the standing room only, and the fans lining the hill tops. It was unreal. I think this track can have that Glen Helen Vibe with the fans lining the hills with ez ups. I appreciate the fans enthusiasm and excitment, definately makes you give 100% for a crowd like that, so a big thanks to the fans.
Rob

RickNasty

being on that track and lookin around seeing people running around the top of the hill and the rocks around the course kind of gave it a mini baja feel. now if we could get some spectators at the bottom of the big jump it will look like ojos negros:D

baja619

There is to much liability for CORR to allow any spectators on the course.

As a ligitimate media affiliate I myself could see the possibility of a truck or two getting out of controll and going off the track.

I saw only one close call (on sundays last race) where a photographer was forced to flee.

CORR and the track officials do a great job making sure that no one who should not be on the course is immidiately removed. There are no second chances.

Last edited:

Armistice

Where was that? I know turn 2 was crazy during the trucks

pride_in_motion

I think he was joking about people at the bottom of the ski jump. But I agree with those that mentioned the people around the top of the rocks being pretty cool. When I heard it was going to be built in a rock quarry I envisioned just that, spectators on the hills surrounding the track. I am sure if CORR were to allow spectator areas like this they would take all the appropriate safety precautions.

5racer

It looks as if a rock got in between the timing belt and gear and caused it to jump time trashing the head. Fortunately we got it rebuilt overnight and dished out a whipp'n on those boys on Sunday.
During the week the talk was wondering if they would get the turn out that Pomona had. appears to have Killed it. I have to believe Corr will have more grandstands and parking at the next one. They have 3 or 4 months to get it done.
As a driver it was an unbelievable feeling to be sitting in staging and looking out at the packed stands, the standing room only, and the fans lining the hill tops. It was unreal. I think this track can have that Glen Helen Vibe with the fans lining the hills with ez ups. I appreciate the fans enthusiasm and excitment, definately makes you give 100% for a crowd like that, so a big thanks to the fans.
Rob
i know the rocks were being pulled to the track suface a pro -4 tossed a rock 10 rows up the size of a billiardball, hit the bottom of a seat luckily or it would have put someone in the er room for sure .

Armistice

When I heard it was going to be built in a rock quarry I envisioned just that, spectators on the hills surrounding the track.
Saw the cops kicking some people off the hill. Hill was media only... spectators hadn't signed a waiver, lol

Brandon Johnson

Hairy butt
GREAT RACE!!!!!!!! CORR is the most exciting racing for spectators. Jim Baldwin and everyone he has running CORR are doing a great job. To all the drivers: Thanks for the great racing action.

Whitewater

The only thing I don't like about CORR is that there is no Northern CA venue. Hopefully someday the market up here will justify a course and a stop on the schedule!

Matt Kross

Dude, If you think that was great, try driving on that track. I raced in Superbuggy and that track is sweet. It's fast but very technical. The double and triple bumps make it tricky. The competition is excellent and the atmisphere in brillant. CORR is going to see some great times in the near future. What a great crowd. And think, it's only going to get better.
Superbuggy #989

kevin bedrock graves

Well this weekend was fun-nominal.It was very sweet it was my own backyard.I just want to know why nobody really wants help sponsor the buggie classes.We put on a really good show,wrecks every lap.I could really use some help paying traveling expenses.So, if there anyone listening that has the means and would want too help a privateer team thats a real contender.I'm all ears.It looks like i'm going to have to go to texas too attempt to wrap up a championship.so anyone interested p.m me. I really appreciate you all listening too me and wish everyone good luck with the rest of the year.

450grl

Those buggy starts are insane!!!! How ANY of you make it through the first turn is beyond me! LOL!!!

fashionbiff

Those buggy starts are insane!!!! How ANY of you make it through the first turn is beyond me! LOL!!!

NO Doubt about that !!!

Bigger pits, less tolerence for drunk idiots (mainly saturday for my run ins), more vendors (see bigger pits but racers first) and a top 5 or 10 scoring pole similar to that of indy. They could hang it on the cable cam tower.
CORR is always a good time, really glad to see some major rebuilding between races specialy the pro 4 on Sunday. Competitors helping one another AAAA++++++

5racer

Well this weekend was fun-nominal.It was very sweet it was my own backyard.I just want to know why nobody really wants help sponsor the buggie classes.We put on a really good show,wrecks every lap.I could really use some help paying traveling expenses.So, if there anyone listening that has the means and would want too help a privateer team thats a real contender.I'm all ears.It looks like i'm going to have to go to texas too attempt to wrap up a championship.so anyone interested p.m me. I really appreciate you all listening too me and wish everyone good luck with the rest of the year.

i feel with ya kevin is gota be hard to see a trophy cart with more sponcers than a buggy i was amazed to see what those guys had .hang in there soon people may see that the buggys are much more competive than the other classes .maybe hang new honda truck body on it and no one will know the differance lol