• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR Chula Vista

What year did you like them more, why?

• Corr Chula Vista 2005

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Corr Chula Vista 2006

Votes: 18 36.0%

• Total voters

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I would like to know if people liked this years race as much or more than last year.

I felt they started too late and ended too soon, I think 5 races that lasted 15 minutes each was way too short, I would like to know what you think.

I would have liked to have seen some desert classes racing but otherwise I though it was good. Saturday ran about an hour behind schedule but Sunday was a little early or right on time.

86F-onefifty

Needs desert class (7 maybe). Why? We want to race, it is southern CA, why not let more people in on the action? I think having more participants=more racing=more spectators...more fun. Who knows though, it's still early in the game.
I had fun both years..

D

Dan McMillin

86F-onefifty said:
Needs desert class (7 maybe). Why? We want to race, it is southern CA, why not let more people in on the action? I think having more participants=more racing=more spectators...more fun. Who knows though, it's still early in the game.
I had fun both years..
Hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Adding the desert classes will definitely bring up the energy at Chula Vista. I know many desert racers that got a chance to race last year's CORR race would have loved to have raced this weekend.

All we can do is call, e-mail, and send in request to CORR to bring more of that back for So.Cal CORR.:D

Last edited:

getnasty

I had a great time this year, mainly because we finally got to run the Pro-4 and Pro-2.
I do miss having the desert classes though. All in all it is always going to be a blast.

i voted 2005. more cars, bigger money,we have to get more heat races /more desert classes racing- 7 , 5/1600,9- we could get 30 cars each. there's to much idle time. i got bored before my races. all in all had a great time and officially known as kevin walsh's *****. thats all folks!

John F2000

The pits, stands, etc... seemed more organized this year. But I did miss seeing the desert cars. I dont care what the environment is, watching trophy trucks is cool! And who could say that the 7 class wasnt exciting.

I have to say that the first weekend in 05, was some of the most exciting racing I have ever seen. I am sure that was in part due to the blown tires, more action, etc... I am sure it was due to the new course with no time on it.

But I aint complaining. I had a blast this year. I will go watch it no matter what. I have been watching CORR on TV for too long and will go to any future CORR race I can make it to.

2006 I thought was better, the layout of the pitts, the racing, cable cam. And I dont think they should have Desert cars racing, remember how slow all the baddest desert T.T. and Class one's looked last year. Keep the Desert cars where they were designed to race. If you want to race CORR get a short course car, Its a blast.

racerkid

kevin bedrock graves said:
i voted 2005. more cars, bigger money,we have to get more heat races /more desert classes racing- 7 , 5/1600,9- we could get 30 cars each. there's to much idle time. i got bored before my races. all in all had a great time and officially known as kevin walsh's *****. thats all folks!
Kevin, I had a great time racing against you last weekend. I was just lucky. I will see you at the MDR night race, right?

Kevin Walsh

John F2000:

Was that your truck at CORR this weekend? If so, Man it's beautiful. Many people were asking about it and trying to find out who's it was.

I also saw it in the June issue of DIRTsports Magazine.

kevin, had a great time as allways. look forward too beating you ( with my new engine- all in fun of coarse). give me a call at the shop.

John F2000

DezertScorpion said:
John F2000:

Was that your truck at CORR this weekend? If so, Man it's beautiful. Many people were asking about it and trying to find out who's it was.

I also saw it in the June issue of DIRTsports Magazine.
Thank you. Yes I brought it out Sunday couldnt make it Sat, at the river.

GBoyer

kevin bedrock graves said:
kevin, had a great time as allways. look forward too beating you ( with my new engine- all in fun of coarse). give me a call at the shop.
kevin nice meeting you last weekend, good job racing out there. Go build a single buggy! see you next time.

gmmvp42

The holy grail of short course racing is and always will be Riverside. What made that race so great(besides the bikinis/truck-bed pools/water balloon fights across the track/every campsite tuned into the same local rock station blasting WHO "The Kids Are Alright" across the hills...) was the different race cars hitting the Thompson ridge at full speed. Class 1 short course cars are probably never going to race again, but all of the desert classes are capable of putting on as good a show if not better than the CORR regular classes(prolite/pro2/pro4). I love short course racing, but this event was disapointing in the limited # of races. I watched the last 30 minutes of practice saturday, then spent the next 3 hours wandering the pits. It is very fan friendly in the pits, but I covered the entire pits in an hour or so. With the combo of desert and short course racers, the racing could start at noon and be constant until six. Class 5/5-1600, Jeep Speed, Class 3/7/7s/14/(or whatever prerunner unlimited and limited is), hell even class 11 would be fun to watch and would at least quadruple the car count. If CORR would allow all comers at one of the events this year I would be fired up to park my motorcoach and spend the weekend at the races with my family. Until then I am going to have to convince myself to go again for 1.5hours of racing spread over 5 hours.

I agree I liked last year better. Having the TT and class 7 and class 1 in southern CA is a must if you ask me. It only adds to the event it dosent take anything away. IMO they need to bring those classes back. I wasent sure if they plan on having them in the future and maybe this race was just to close to the 500 and thats why they didnt have them or what but they need to be back for sure. Also I liked the layouts of the pits better last time....

Brutpwr

I liked this year better as we got to enter our truck in Pro 2 for our first CORR races! Unfortunately we had to wrench literally the whole weekend. I saw John's F2000 truck when we were out looking for replacement parts but did not even get a chance to take a closer look much as I would have loved too!

Jason :)

I voted for last year although i had an awesome time but the funnest thing to watch i think was Travis Coyne giving rides in the TT on sunday he seemed like he was flying way further than any CORR trucks...but don't get me wrong i still had had a blast this past weekend