• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR Is Calling All Buggies

HUBBARD

http://corracing.com/news.aspx?pid=28
Newport Beach, CA (May 8, 2006) – Championship Off Road Racing (CORR) owner Jim Baldwin announced today an extension of time to register, without penalty, for the Nissan Off-Road Opener in Chula Vista, CA on May 20th-21st. In order to encourage the participation of more buggies, CORR will allow drivers to register until Wednesday, May 17th without paying the $100 late fee.

As a reminder, the Single Buggy class includes Desert 1/2 1600 Cars and the Super Buggy class includes Desert Class 10 Cars and Desert Class 12 Cars.

Teams can register online at www.corracing.com.

For more information, call CORR at (949) 467-2397 or 1-866-501-CORR.

CORR Headquarters:
270 Newport Center Drive, Suite 100
Newport Beach, CA 92660

A

Andy McMillin

Probst just built me and my sister top-of-the-line single buggies. Unfortunately, the cars will not be able to make the first CORR event on the 20th of this month, but we will be at the next CORR race in Chula Vista in July.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
hey Andy no chance of racing in a loaner, any invites?

how old is your sister, has she driven before?

stealth

Why are they not letting Class 1 cars race? They rocked last year....and alot of them out there. Class 10 and 12 but not 1?

offroadaction

The way they have been treating the "sportsman" drivers the last 9 months, you will probably see very few CORR regulars. Aaron Hawley said FU to CORR and is not racing Chula Vista and he lives a few hours away.

They are waiving the $100 late fee? Geeze...that is awful nice of them. Do you think that they are doing that because they know that most of the buggy racers are not showing up? The announcement of the new $100 late registration fee is just another sign in a long list that Baldwin does not care about sportsman racers and does not understand that they are the pros of tommorow.

movindirt

Wham Spore
Oscar said:
They wouldn't have this problem if they invited class 7 & 7s.......No offense to the buggie guys!
I was waiting for the 7 guys to jump on this.:D Hows the truck coming Oscar?

D

Dan McMillin

amcmillin said:
Probst just built me and my sister top-of-the-line single buggies. Unfortunately, the cars will not be able to make the first CORR event on the 20th of this month, but we will be at the next CORR race in Chula Vista in July.
I smell fear!! haha just kidding cuz. Bummer, i was looking forward to it!! Maybe in July I'll be able to race with you and Jess in my car.

BlueCoyote

Oscar said:
They wouldn't have this problem if they invited class 7 & 7s.......No offense to the buggie guys!
No kidding. I know a lot of 7 & 7s drivers would be there in a second.
Events like ROR and VORRA always drew a big mini-truck crowd.

kevin bedrock graves

hey volks power those are good looking cars. do you use a harness seat or solid seat. how many single buggies are we up to doe anyone know. i hopefully will have an engine (a grenade engine just for the weekend) it was so much fun in oct. can't wait. hey you 7 guys have you called corr , i can't believe they dont want you there. all those roll overs thats excitment. i'd pay just to watch you guys.

ShaneR

Volkspower Racing said:
Volkspower Racing will be there with 2 single Buggies. We would like to put out a special thanks to Napa Auto Parts, Action Auto Gearbox's, Gear-1, Southwest Valley Sign-A-Rama, Maxxis Tires, Fox Shox's, Geiser Bros, Superior Pools and all our friends and family that have helped out.
Cars look great Jeff. Are you guys doing the whole series? Good Luck!!!!

Volkspower Racing

Kevin- They both have Beard seats in them. The blue car we bought from a guy back east and completly rebuilt it in the past 4 months. The white car was a old desert Mirage that I cut 13in of off the front and gutted all the desert stuff off of it. Hopfully it will work well. We are also going to put Micro hubs on it after this event.

Shane- Thanks! We are only racing out west this year, and hopfully the all of it next year. We wanted to go to Crandon this year, but our new baby will be here the end of June.

ShaneR

Congrats on the new baby Jeff!
I thought that red cage looked familiar, are you going to desert race at all now with another car or short course only?
We have the SNORE race that weekend and won't make the first Chula Vista race but will be at the next one.

Volkspower Racing

Shane, I still have my single seat yellow car, and we will be doing all the BITD races with it this year thanks to Napa. We are also getting ready to start building a brand new 2 seat 1600 for next season.

GBoyer

Corr said there were 24 single buggies/desert 1600 cars signed up last week.

MGERALD195

So do the Cali guys with Short Coarse cars have to run single port heads?

kevin bedrock graves

yes they do corr cars single port ,score legal cars can run dual port. i got that straight from the horeses mouth. the first race will be a test to see a comparison

frankh

Kinda suck that they are not going to run more desert cars. I was going to bring are 1 car down just for fun. Don't have a motor to keep up with the big boys but stilled looked fun.