• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR open practice near Victorville, CA

Kbach66

John F2000 said:
I was just driving by the Outpost Cafe off 395 and was going to post a thread asking if that track was for cars. This answers it. Deffinately looks cool.
We test there a lot for work...motocross and ATV's....and I'm wondering how they're going to make the track work for trucks/buggies. The main track seems too narrow, with relatively peaky jumps. The quad/vet track in the front would be better....but is narrow too. Maybe Scotts guys will build some new stuff for them...time will tell.

I guess I'm going to have to plan some testing next week in the area so I can stop by and check it out!

BAPerf

Kbach66 said:
We test there a lot for work...motocross and ATV's....and I'm wondering how they're going to make the track work for trucks/buggies. The main track seems too narrow, with relatively peaky jumps. The quad/vet track in the front would be better....but is narrow too. Maybe Scotts guys will build some new stuff for them...time will tell.

I guess I'm going to have to plan some testing next week in the area so I can stop by and check it out!
My sources say that the "CORR Test day track" will be a combination of 2 or three tracks, taking some jumps and turns from each and turning it into a 40ft. wide track for trucks.

Scott_F

I spoke to Scott and he said the track will be mostly in the area of the vet track and the pits, using some of the vet track and weaving in and around it. Some jumps will be used or built for the course. Kurt LeDuc is involved in the layout.

He said ten teams are signed up. It is free for spectators. I am thinking about going up on Tuesday, and I am interested in carpooling from OC.

Greg

Here's the story on the track. I got a call form Scott at CORR on friday asking if I could help with the track build on monday. I got there about 10 am monday morn expecting the track owner and at least a few equipment operators. There is one guy form the track who tells me "do what ever you want" that's it, he later ran the dozer for awhile. But Bruce and JJ came out a volunteered hours of thier time and helped tremndously. Mind you, not one word of advise from ANYONE (and i guess there were a few that went up there about 3 weeks before, one racer even tells me "looks like you built it like i said they would" WHAT?? where you you all day monday? I guess i missed the memo). The track owner, Scott, never even showed-up, and yesterday, did a pretty piss-poor job of making himself available to us trying to keep the track maintained (after all, he did charge a pretty fair amout to let these guys use his track). But the racers were great and everyone did a great job out there and, as hokey as the course was, there was alot of seat time for the new guys. CORR guys just need a permanent test facility, gets me thinking.

JenDiggityDirt

I must also say that this was NOT a CORR organized event. Scott form CORR did all the leg work on his own after just seeing the need for racers to practice and put this together himself. And thanks to SAW for the food.

HUBBARD

It Seems Alot Of People Are Talking Bad About Corr I Think People Need To Relax A Bit. You Take Over A Big Company Like That And See How You Do. Lets All Try To Help It Be Beter This Is Our Sport We Can Help Make It Or Break It ..... Scott Thanks For Putting That Together And Man Greg You Sure Can Run A Tractor Let Me Know If You Need More Help In The Future.

Josh_K

HUBBARD said:
It Seems Alot Of People Are Talking Bad About Corr I Think People Need To Relax A Bit. You Take Over A Big Company Like That And See How You Do. Lets All Try To Help It Be Beter This Is Our Sport We Can Help Make It Or Break It ..... Scott Thanks For Putting That Together.

Ya Greg, Watch your tounge. If it wasnt for evey one else help it would have flopped. Your lucky it turned out well.

(This is a inside joke, outsiders dont need to get mad)

HUBBARD

Dalton8driver said:
Ya Greg, Watch your tounge. If it wasnt for evey one else help it would have flopped. Your lucky it turned out well.

I WAS IN KNOW WAY REFERRING TO GREG HE GOES OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP EVERY ASPECT OF THE OFF-ROAD COMMUNITY. HES TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK AND OWNER IT SELF THEY DID NOTHING TO PUT THE TRACK TOGETHER IF IT WAS NOT FOR GREG IT WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED.