• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR PRO-SPEC Officially Approved

pride_in_motion

As of yesterday, Cissy Baldwin has given the green light to PRO-SPEC as an official CORR class. Until ten trucks show up to the track, PRO-SPEC will run behind the Pro-2 field. As of now the LS7 with a specific part# is the only approved motor for use in PRO-SPEC. The only chassis allowed will be the Standardized Pro-2 chassis. The TH400 with manual shift is the mandated transmission for the class. You can find the rules at the CORR website as well as the Pro-2 chassis diagram. I would suggest consulting with one of the following people prior to starting a build because of the fluid nature of the rules at this time. I will continue to act as the unofficial class rep and am able to answer most of your questions regarding the class. For any other questions you can call Gary Lane tech director for CORR or Tony Vanillo the CORR competition director. I want to thank all of those that helped by calling and voicing your support and interest in this class. I look forward to seeing this class grow in the very near future!

Todd Pride
Pride In Motion Motorsports
(909) 389-0170

Tony Vanillo
CORR Comp. Director
(760) 617-1450

Gary Lane
CORR Technical Director
(760) 954-1106

GBoyer

Why was this class created and how much to build one of these trucks?

DaughertyRacing

Two wheel drive!!!! We will be building one of these trucks for next season!!

TimG_AZ

The LS7 motor you buy from the GM dealer is 505HP and no forged pistons and costs $12,500. The motor for Pro-Spec is a GM LS7 with forged pistons and 540HP. will use the FAST ECU. Fuel is E85. motor will cost less than the LS7 from the dealer. Call me at the shop if you would like to buy a motor, I have them available. 623.582.8600

What a great class!! once you get good, or get more money, you can pull the motor and drop in a Pro-2 motor or visa versa. Also gives some of the pro-2 guys the chance to get more seat time by also running in a Pro-Spec, less HP but close in setup, etc.

We are currently building these trucks and have also been working with CORR and Tony to get this class going. We will be building a limited few at an introductory price of $149k race ready! There are some options that can lower the price. The chassis and suspension is all CAD designed and laser cut. We have several shock options as well.

We will be providing full track support and will also have all parts available at the track for those that take care of their own truck.

henry

What will be the weight rules for this class? It would seem that with everyone running the same motor that the weight rules should be set at a specific number.

pride_in_motion

What will be the weight rules for this class? It would seem that with everyone running the same motor that the weight rules should be set at a specific number.
Tony Vanillo was just talking to me about that today. As of right now it is 10lbs per cubic inch, so that would be 4270lbs. He mentioned thinking about coming up with a specific weight, but has not at this time.

HotRod82

A full size truck class that will be several seconds a lap slower than pro lite...I take it this will be a non televised sportsman class? The general public has a hard enough time telling the difference between P2 and P4. I'm surprised CORR would want to siphon off entries from P2 when there isn't a full grid to start with. How many classes do we need?

racechick

Not everyone is ready to step up to an 800 HP motor right out of the gate. Someone new to racing that wants to race a truck instead of a buggy. There were be spec pro 2 chasis coming available that will be used, that are good chasis that someone could take and change out the motor and trans and get their feet wet. Not eveyone is ready to race at the highest levels and it will give people a chance to get great seat time and learn short coarse racing before they step up to race with Carl, RJ, Rob Mac, Robby, Allan, Scotty Taylor etc. If you were newer to racing it would be a little intimidating to race against some of the above names that always run out front, and you not have a chace your first couple of years. Look at Mike Oberg stepping up into Pro 2 last year after running sportsman 2 for several years. It gave him all the experience and he was able to be competitive right out of the box.

Just my 2 Cents. Have a grea day!

DaughertyRacing

I think that the class will be awsome, It will let a team like ours build a truck that will have few parts that we can use on both of our trucks (pro-4) and cut some of the costs. If we built a pro lite nothing could be swaped between the two trucks. This way we can use the same bodies.wheels,trannies,brakes,rotors,hubs,power steering,shocks,radiators and im sure there are a few other items but I think this will be a big benefit to our team!

TimG_AZ

Race Chick and Aaron I think you both nailed it. Pro-2 is off the hook. great seat time in a Pro-Spec, same size truck, etc but less HP and when your ready drop in big power and run Pro-2.

Chassis must be Pro-2 standardized chassis. Tony told me that they will not allow any old chassis in this class. so dont count on purchasing an old truck and running in this class. what is "old" according to CORR? dont know, just be carefull if you are looking at used trucks.

What happens if Chevy pulls out of racing and stops making the LS7. Stupid to let one engine dominate a class, Need more flexibility. If you want to get your feet wet then you should be able to run 4wd as well as 2wd. Mabey another class.

TRichards

I don't think Chevy will pull out of racing. Also the LS7 is the standard powerplant in the newer Z06 Corvette.

highnlow

My .02 .... this class is going to be the largest within the next year. Can't believe it's taken this long for a class like this to be developed!!! I don't see any negatives to it at all. It's not going to dilute the CORR classes, it's gonna give lower budget guys the opportunity to get their feet wet and then hooked on racing in an exciting class bringing many more racers/corporate sponsors/spectators and T.V. Give us a couple of years and we'll be there...

kevin bedrock graves

this is the perfect class for guys like me ,who have been racing for a long time but have no truck experience.I'm not scared too race the best and given a little seat time could be very competitive. but a 150 k thats not affordable.not knocking anyone ,everyone wants a piece of the action.just frustrating when i race with what i can afford. I wont morgage my house to buy a truck or race on credit. this is one of those replys i should of deleted. just my 2 cents.:eek:

DailyPedal

What happens if Chevy pulls out of racing and stops making the LS7. Stupid to let one engine dominate a class, Need more flexibility. If you want to get your feet wet then you should be able to run 4wd as well as 2wd. Mabey another class.
Yeah, not going to happen. Chevy is the current standard motor for almost every spec series, on and off road, accross the U.S. so get a clue. And no 4x4-too complex and expensive for an entry class.
This class will take off because as of right now, for someone entering Pro 2, they either buck up BIG DOLLARS or buy an older truck and spend BIG DOLLARS to refurb-rebuild to current standards and between the two series, there are not that many trucks available. So now, it is reasonable to assume that they can enter the series with a new standardized truck for the same cost (or less in some cases) as a rebuilt old truck.

JGOLDEN

this is the perfect class for guys like me ,who have been racing for a long time but have no truck experience.I'm not scared too race the best and given a little seat time could be very competitive. but a 150 k thats not affordable.not knocking anyone ,everyone wants a piece of the action.just frustrating when i race with what i can afford. I wont morgage my house to buy a truck or race on credit. this is one of those replys i should of deleted. just my 2 cents.:eek:
Buy a used Prolite

TimG_AZ

Boy I agree with you guys. I think this is going to be the largest class in CORR as far as trucks go. looks like a truck, sounds like a truck, must be a truck.

Kevin Bedrock Groves: I dont think your post should be deleted. I agree with you 150 bucks is a lot of dough. over the course of a season I think Pro-Spec will be less expensive than Pro-Lite simply because of the cost of the motor. The motor I can get from GM is 540HP, not 505HP, and has forged pistons. The GM engineer told me that this motor is designed with CORR in mind running it on the rev limiter all day. He said it will run like that the whole season. so if the motor runs all season that saves $. Dont the pro lite motors need lots of TLC because they are wound so tight and are a built race motor?

This is such an exciting class:D I cant wait!

pride_in_motion

Race Chick and Aaron I think you both nailed it. Pro-2 is off the hook. great seat time in a Pro-Spec, same size truck, etc but less HP and when your ready drop in big power and run Pro-2.

Chassis must be Pro-2 standardized chassis. Tony told me that they will not allow any old chassis in this class. so dont count on purchasing an old truck and running in this class. what is "old" according to CORR? dont know, just be carefull if you are looking at used trucks.
It is not the "OLD" part that is not allowed, it is that it has to be a Standardized Pro-2 chassis. So no stock frame trucks or non standardized tube frames. That is something me and Tony discussed changing months ago, as it would be a real pain to police in the future. If you are going to have a SPEC type class you needed a SPEC type chassis to keep it fair. But still offer the garage built guys a chance to build it unlike some other spec series. Daugherty mentioned a great point about interchangeability between the two trucks. I could see some of the bigger teams running a pro spec as a second or third truck with a less experienced driver and being able to run it in Pro-2 if something happened to the main Pro-2. Now that they have to run three races in a weekend a backup truck is not a bad idea, plus it would be giving the team sponsors some more bang for the buck.