• Forum membership has its advantages....

CORR Seating

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Does anyone know how strict CORR will be on seating this year, I don´t know if to buy upper reserved seating if people with general admission tickets will just move up to reserved, in that case I will just buy general admission, any thoughts?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Yeah I know, that is why I am thinking of just buying general admission tickets and then seeing what is open, thanks.

getnasty

That is what I would do. Last year I shelled out some good money for tickets and we ended up sitting where we wanted anyway. Don't spend the extra money.

bajafoolin'

technically I was working there last year promoting for Black Rhino Performance, but I went anywhere I wanted without a ticket, wristband, hand stamp, nothing. I won't be working this year but plan on buying the cheapest ticket sitting wherever I want. Unless they make huge changes since last year I won't worry.

D

Dan McMillin

I dont remember CORR checking tickets last year in certain seating areas. Its more like first come, first serve. I would recommend getting (or finding) seats on turn 1 or 2. Best place to watch the race. Especially Pro 2's and 4's.

Dez_Annihilation

DanMcMillin said:
I dont remember CORR checking tickets last year in certain seating areas. Its more like first come, first serve. I would recommend getting (or finding) seats on turn 1 or 2. Best place to watch the race. Especially Pro 2's and 4's.
There is no seats on turn 1 anymore that area will be used for hot pits now. there is only seating halfway down the first straight-away and the two sections that run along turns 2 and 4. I also heard that today for media day there was a girl driving Jason Baldwins truck does anyone have more info on this?

cabo500

check it here

CORR seating changes. The Hot Pit area will be on the turn 1 area (eastern), where the stands were. The hot pits area from last year (western), will be serving as parking. Environmental concerns and wind/dust conditions mandated the changes. The Gnat-catcher was mentioned by Jim Baldwin. Same great track as last year.

Don't miss this weekend, with all of the new stuff, it'll be a shootout!

Last edited:

Phazer399@hotmail.com

Rhonda Konitzer is racing a Baldwin owned Pro-2. She has raced many years on the CORR circuit. She spent most of her time in the Sportsman Stock truck class, where her consistancy was what brought success. Last year she raced her dad's old Sportsman 2 truck. She was starting to get more comfortable with the big horsepower increase as the season went on.

What little I know of Rhonda, she is an outstanding individual. She's the type of person everybody can't help but root for. Good luck Rhonda!

Rhonda's Website -- rhondakonitzer.com

**Video

Last edited:

baja_driver

negro3030 said:
Yeah I know, that is why I am thinking of just buying general admission tickets and then seeing what is open, thanks.
they got wise to this on the final day I think..said all the cheap seats were sold out and you could only buy the $40 tickets...maybe get them in advance for sunday.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
baja_driver said:
they got wise to this on the final day I think..said all the cheap seats were sold out and you could only buy the $40 tickets...maybe get them in advance for sunday.
yeah I did notice this, they said that the cheaper tickets were sold out but there was plenty of seats left in the cheaper zones, well that settles it, I am buying the cheaper tickets, thanks for all the input.

Bryan_Harrold

I'd go for the cheap seats... they are on the 2nd and 4th turns where you basically can see the whole track... the straight away isn't worth the extran money, you can't see a lot.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
in the straight you can´t see well through the mesh fencing, you can only see straight not to the sides...

FrankHahn

This year you will have a colored wrist band that will identify your seating section. In addition, CORR has hired security to monitor and manage seating.

green787

There isn't a bad seat in the house, except for the first 10 rows at turn 2...there you will be sprayed with tons of dirt and dust....

cabo500

The track is at the same location as last year. [1000 Olympic, Chula Vista] Jim Baldwin mentioned that 2006 will be at the same track all year. and maybe, next year, a new location would be used.

Since the public parking will be closer to the track and the ticket prices are on target, it's family friendly - a great way to introduce new fans, family and friends into the sport. The hot pits are on the eastern side of the property, the kids will love seeing the action.

CORR is the best format to promote growth in the sport story details and important schedule info, Good luck Racers!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
hey did anyone else catch the fight last year in the stands on turn 2, it was on the last sunday...2 white kids

86F-onefifty

Aaaah can't wait for this weekend! Take advantage of the open seating and watch the races from different spots. My favorite is coming down the straight after turn 1.