Corr

Nathaniel1947

Reaction
Hey there. I was wondering if anybody had any info or schedule dates for some CORR races at Chula Vista International SpeedWay? For some reason I cant go on there website and when I google it all I come up with is 2006 schedule. I also tried calling, the dates where from a pre recorded answering system.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Hey there. I was wondering if anybody had any info or schedule dates for some CORR races at Chula Vista International SpeedWay? For some reason I cant go on there website and when I google it all I come up with is 2006 schedule. I also tried calling, the dates where from a pre recorded answering system.
CORR is dead... check out the TORC series:

http://www.torcseries.com/

or the Lucas Oil series:

http://lucasoiloffroad.com/

I believe the next Lucas race is the end of this month-the last one was a lot of fun!! :D The next TORC race in California isn't until September.

07FJRog

Reaction
Yup, next LOORRS race is 24/25/26 July in Elsinore, gates open at 3pm ?? on saturday. pro racing under the lights.

Rog

Shred918

Reaction
I think someone has been under a rock for awhile :rolleyes:

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
LOL, your right. I haven't been to an offroad event since 2005 and that was in Chula Vista. I have been way to busy with school and work.
05 was the opener, with the landrush starts, CL 1 & TTs too!....The good ole days. :(

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Thanks Guys for all the info. Is there going to be any races at Chula Vista anymore??
I don't believe there will be any races at Chula Vista... at the very least not this year. The next closest location will be TORC at Pala in September (North San Diego County)

emicabher

Reaction
Now with TORC and LOORRS, Why no one of them try to use the Quarry track at Chula Vista for their next events? no more Quarry? or some other interests?

ryant35

Reaction
It was mentioned in a few other threads, the city of Chula Vista has a 6 figure price tag on the permits.

PLcrew

Reaction
The city of chula must be financial OK and able to thumb there nose's at that revenue. to bad.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
The city of chula must be financial OK and able to thumb there nose's at that revenue. to bad.
Actually I think they are one of the few cities that are doing ok... :rolleyes: still isn't a reason IMO for them to over charge for land thats not getting used for much of anything else...

07FJRog

Reaction
Actually I think they are one of the few cities that are doing ok... :rolleyes: still isn't a reason IMO for them to over charge for land thats not getting used for much of anything else...
yeh, no kidding, or charging to camp in a field that was just asking to be put on fire! :eek:

great track to watch as a spectator though, sure wish one of the series could work something out there. maybe base it on tickets sales, say 2 bucks a head for every ticket sold, this way the city could get behind promoting the event!!!!! because it would be in their best interest for revenue. :)

just my .02

Pops

Reaction
maybe base it on tickets sales, say 2 bucks a head for every ticket sold, this way the city could get behind promoting the event!!!!! because it would be in their best interest for revenue. :)

just my .02
That sounds like a great idea, maybe give a percentage to the track for promoting the race, lower admission prices and less expensive prices at the concessions.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
yeh, no kidding, or charging to camp in a field that was just asking to be put on fire! :eek:

great track to watch as a spectator though, sure wish one of the series could work something out there. maybe base it on tickets sales, say 2 bucks a head for every ticket sold, this way the city could get behind promoting the event!!!!! because it would be in their best interest for revenue. :)

just my .02
x2 man that is a great idea!! Perhaps one of the series can work on something now that this thought has been placed "out there" :D

I mean what's better an extremely high price tag with no buyers or taking a less money but actually making SOMETHING off of it... last time I checked something was more than nothing!! :rolleyes:

eric2448

Reaction
Chula Vista is in HORRIBLE financial trouble, lots of cutting to their budget... The mayor was all for making the track a permanent venue in the city. Seems like they lost the Chargers, a major hotel and convention center already; wonder if they would still be interested in the track? Every race pumped quite a bit of money into the local economey. It would be stupid of them not to want to negotiate to get the off road events back! Couple of billboards in east county, a few commercials on local TV and they could fill the stands no problem!