A speck V8 race car is a very easy concept that already exist using these guidelines keep in mind we are trying to keep this as cost effective as possible so consider the formula
- Any size V8 combination
- Pump gas only, anyone using race fuel would have a restrictor plate or run a prescribed ring and pinion ratio to keep the horse power around 600.This would make it so existing motor packages don’t have to change and the average guy could build a completive motor for about $10,000.This would also cut race Fuel cost down 60%.Dump cans only to keep a even playing feild
- Tire rule 35 inch this makes a more level playing field for those who don’t have massive horsepower or state of the art suspension.
- Non bead lock rims, Jim Smith and Larry Ragland won races without them. Car owners can have a complete set for what 1 bead lock cost. This also makes it more of a driver’s class because not getting a flat requires more skill than money can buy. This also allows other race cars to enter your class with minimal investment.
- Open suspension and chassis
- 9 inch rear end .A automatic transmission and live rear axle is as economical as it gets.
- Minim weight 4000 lb
- No truck body’s except for the cab