Cost of class 9 or 1600

jsallenbach

Reaction
It looks like a good car for the price, but i am no expert by any means. Race-co very well known builder, bob neth also very great fabricator. Seems like a good deal, would call him up and ask for the history on the car.

RAMCOFAB

Reaction
$5000 cromo chassis.class9. carbon fiber dash all aluminum work .with front beam and stock transmission.

shawn t

Reaction
BOR racing out of Wendover and the surrounding area.
Really glad to see some interest in BORR and either 9 or 1600 cars. There were two in each class at the September race. One 1600 was mine.

I spent months looking at 1600 cars before I bought mine. The one you are looking at is a bargain if everything is as the add says. To build one from the ground up would be well over 2X that cost. Lots of good parts there.

A couple of questions I would ask: How many rebuilds on the motor and trans? "Fresh" can mean many things. Date of Score tag? Could well be outdated.

If I bought that car I would plan on a full prep (inspect and replace as neccessary): front beam and rear torsion bushings, link pins and bushings, king pins and bearings, wheel bearings, brake pads, steering shaft joints, cv's, shock shafts and seals; crack check rack and pinion, spindles, front arms. Etc, etc, etc.

But it really does look like a good buy.

PM me if you would like to talk more about BORR. I will be headed to the 1K in a couple of weeks and could look at the car as well if you wanted.

Also talk to Art at ACE in SLC, he's supporting those of us with vw powered cars.