Cost of Transponder for BITD race

Advertising supports this site

B. R C Arrow

RDC Crypto
Transponder is on entry form for 95 bucks, irc is 275 for unit not including bracket antennas or power wires

Ghost Ranger 77

RDC Crypto
There is a transponder for BITD which is $75 and then the IRC tracker which is a bit more...

D Bergstrom

RDC Crypto
There is only one transponder, it is now $95. (It used to be $85, I don't ever remember it being $75, but it could have been.) You get the transponder directly from BITD.

Doug

Anger Issues

RDC Crypto
transponder and IRC are totally different... at least that is my understanding. the transponder is for lap-times and does not transmit anything, only logs your times IF and when you pass through their beacons.... IRC is the devicce that the CAN communicate and track your progress on the course.... along with roll-over beacons and crash detectors..... Not a fan... just my understanding...

trentk

RDC Crypto
Website
www.kendallrace.com
Does anyone know if the battery in the blue stick transponders is serviceable? I have 2 old BITD transponders that probably need new batteries I'd be happy to sell cheap.

D Bergstrom

RDC Crypto
Does anyone know if the battery in the blue stick transponders is serviceable? I have 2 old BITD transponders that probably need new batteries I'd be happy to sell cheap.

I have been told no, but of course that is from BITD, they want another $95 from me. I wish you could do something with them, I have four of them in my garage....

Doug

johnnyweb

RDC Crypto
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
Interesting I have been using the same transponder for years. It was still working as of Henderson this past December. I hope it is still working for the Mint we will see when I roll through tech they check for communication there.

D Bergstrom

RDC Crypto
To be honest, the ones I have may still be good. BITD tells me after two years I have to buy another. I am due for a new one in 2016, may just not say anything and use the one I have and see what happens.

Doug

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
If you have 4 in your garage... cut one open and see what's in them!!!! I honestly didn't think there was even a battery in those things?

trentk

RDC Crypto
Website
www.kendallrace.com
the one I am using now is from 2008, the scoring trailer guy came out of the trailer at parker to ask me about it and he was amazed it was still working. :)

i will take the other 2 to the ss300 and see if he will test them for me then I can sell them as working units.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
I used the same one for over 5 years and it was still working when I sold the car

MarkAcunaOffRoad

RDC Crypto
Website
www.markacunaoffroad.com
I have been told no, but of course that is from BITD, they want another $95 from me. I wish you could do something with them, I have four of them in my garage....

Doug

I was told the same thing at Parker about mine that was just a few yrs old...$100 later I supposedly had the "last" one...

Mark Acuña
Mark Acuña Off Road Racing

John Black

RDC Crypto
There is a date on the transponder it is labeled as the expiration date.... it is typically 2 years out, it's not technically an expiration date but a warranty date...there is a battery inside, as with any battery it's life depends on a lot, we replaced 2 under warranty at Laughlin.... there are guys that have been running the same ones for years....

The cost of the transponders are $95 we started selling them at the scoring trailer during tech to try to speed things along, we have also been letting people know that they are due for a new one.... it doesn't affect me much if you don't want to replace yours, but you might not like it if we can't score you...

If you have any more questions I'll be at the timing trailer all day during tech.... im the one with a beard and glasses